PENSIONS ON DIVORCE (CETV)

Can anyone explian as to why the AFPAA charge £150 plus VAT (£176.25) for a CETV on Divorce when my Wife gets hers for nothing from her Emploter?

Would be interesting to know.

Under Government legislation pension providers are allowed to charge for this service as you cannot bill the taxpayer for what is a personal expense.
Its also a different forecast than the one you would receive off Unicom as it details divorce figures.. ie what would be awarded at 20% etc.

£150 is quite cheap in all honesty, some companies charge in excess of £400 for this service.

If you want the POD forecast explained to your its possibly another £75 charge, and then around £300 to set up your earmarking or sharing order.

These are not AFPAA charges, this is the MOD's charge which was there long before "AFPAA" and EDS.

150 quid for doing what exactly?

Thanks Porkiechop, still feels like I've been Dry Bummed. I presume the Dragon is gonna get the same thing as me for nothing and MoD charges £176.25, it's not really the charge, it's the gloating that gets me. She sits on her fat fcuking Arrse working 20 hours a week, in a house I pay for, takes my Child Support Money (none of it goes to my children), for the money she gets from me, they should be dressed in Armani, but no she buys George at Asda and the rest goes for her nights out.

It just feels like the man gets Dry Bummed all the way to the bank. She gets Legal Aid, I have to pay a Solicitor (over £2500 so far), she pulls in more money than me (Child Tax Credit, Working Families Tax Credit, her Salary and my CSA Dosh), nearly £2000 clear each month, she doesn't pay the mortgage and tomorrow when we go to Court, she's expecting the Judge just to give her the house becuase she's a lowly single mum, well she's not, she's a loaded fat munter, who can't be Arrsed to get a full time job becuase it would mean her losing money.

Her Solicitor has told her my Pension is gonna be worth tens of thousands of pounds, I've got 12 and a half years RMS, left in Oct 2002, so she thinks that the judge is gonna say, "right Fred, you've worked your Arrse off, got this £150,000 house, I'm gonna give it to Rose and you can keep your pension, oh, by the way you're not gonna see any money until you're 60 - 65", so all I'm gonna ask for is for him to give me a reach around as he does it.

I've been more than fair with the woman, I've offered her a 60 - 40 split in her favour with the pension or a 65 - 35 no pension, when my youngest becomes and Adult.

I'll now get off the Soap Box.

My brother went though this rigmarole when he was divorced.

That was 12 years ago and of course he is still shelling out dosh every month to keep her in fags and booze.

He should have just killed her 12 years ago, He would be out and debt free by now.

Just a thought :twisted:

FredWest said:
Thanks Porkiechop, still feels like I've been Dry Bummed.............................
you dont understand how much i sympathise, you do nothing but support and that is the thanks u get. and women wonder why blokes dont trust em. marriage is now an institution where u may as well hand over half of everything you have worked hard for cos its gonna go in the end. yes, its happened to me before, and its happening again paying off some young chick that i wasnt married to but lived with me for a year without contributing. makes me vomit........... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Steven said:
My brother went though this rigmarole when he was divorced.

That was 12 years ago and of course he is still shelling out dosh every month to keep her in fags and booze.

He should have just killed her 12 years ago, He would be out and debt free by now.

Just a thought :twisted:
good point, i cant say it hasnt crossed my mind, does this make me a bad man!! :D

"the judge is gonna sayright Fred, you've worked your Arrse off, got this £150,000 house, I'm gonna give it to Rose and you can keep your pension, oh, by the way you're not gonna see any money until you're 60 - 65"

Oddly, 2 years ago on a wet Fri afternoon in Penzance thats exactly what the Judge said to me.....I later found out that he was annoyed that we had kept him waiting as we were arguing over the settlement and he was forced to tee off late at the golf course...knob!

Wahay, got my CETV, I'm well and truely fecked

I've got 12 years, 213 days RMS, I thought you know, 12 years, how much could it be worth, 12 - 15k, it's jack sh!t, but no, the Army just keep on fcuking you, there's £38,693 in the Pot, she's gonna have a right smile on her fcuking face tomorrow, in court at 1515hrs. See that light in the distance, it's the bathroom light as my house is pulled away from me, ouch my Arrse hurts!!!!!!

I guess you'll all want to know how I got on eh? See how much bigger my Arrse can get.

Fredwest, best of luck mate. hope the judge has just been f*cked over by his missus and has no sympathy for the lazy spongeing waster!

has she got a car? if she wins, go and buy a £30 set of locking wheelnuts from Halfords. go in the night and swap one nut on each wheel for a locking one. then slash the b*tch's tyres. you can then sit and laugh maniacally as you imagine her trying to sort that f*cker out. not much compensation but it might help how you feel ;)

It's done.

What an afternoon, sorry not got back before and keep you on tenterhooks, but I've just moved house and not got the Broadband set up yet, so I have to skive at work and toss it off.

Just to set the scene, when I got my CETV on Tuesday night, (thanks to Sarah at AFPAA and Mary at APC), I telephoned the Ext to be and told her how much the CETV was, I could almost heat the cogs working, trying to work out 50%, dopey bint didn't realise that she only gets 50% of the pension from the date of marriage to the day I left, also she never factored my 50% of hers, so while she's thinking 19K pension, both my Solicitor and myself at thinking, mmmmm 11K. Told her once again what my offer was 60/40 and the Pension or 65/35 no Pension, she actually agreed to the 65/35 deal, only becuase she gets more cash sooner.

I was in a great mood all morning, went for lunch with my Girlfriend, walked around the town discussing the possible outcome, we're walking side by side down the pavement, when I have to step in the road, the GF stays on the pavement because of a shop sign, you know the A type ones, when some little scroate coming in the opposite direction, instead of walking around me walked straight into me, you know the type, Skin Head, Scar on Head, Pupils like Dinner Plates, Armooni Top, La Cast Jeans, Rokpart Shoes etc, little Tw@t gets right in my face, "why didn't you fookin move for me", "hello little boy, I suggest you keep on walking", little tosser starts playing with something in his right pocket and says "let's go somewhere and sort this out", glasses off, watch off, "Come on then Sonny", GF then politely reminds me that I'm due in Court in 2 Hours and I don't really want to be getting myself in to trouble, so little boy gets a little Spiel about manners, and a nice little squeeze of the shoulder, just enough to hurt, "maybe next time mate, it's the wrong day". Why's it always me that get's these little tossers. So that put me in a great frame of mind for the Afternoon's events.

But anyway, my new Gaff is within walking distance of the Court, so out comes the Brolly, newspaper in one hand, I also wore my Week 1, Monday Suit (got 10 suits for work, my Monday Suit is my favourite, a nice De Havilland Charcoal Pin), my favourite shirt and tie, I cut a fine figure, even if I say so myself, leisurely stroll down to Court, gets there, I'm the first there, pick a seat, sit down, open the paper, now if you knew where I lived you'd be able to imagine the people also waiting to go in to the Family Court, Wayne and Waynetta, so I'm sat there, minding my own business, not a care in the world, scanning the paper, Ex walks in, I didn't even acknowledge her, just sat there and finished reading the paper. Finished the paper, folded it up, put it down, and there she is sat in front of me "oh, hello, when did you get here?", "about 10 minutes ago", she says, "never saw you", then my Solicitor Turns up, same as me, all suited and booted. He comes and asks me if we've still got a deal, I tell him, "as far as I know", "Just go and confirm it, then we can write the Consent Order" he says, so I grab the Ex, take her outside and put it to her, "still 65/35 is it?" I ask, she then says, no, I need to speak to my Solicitor she says, "why, surely you spoke to her last night", "no" she says, "what about today then?", another negative, so the question goes, why the fcuk asre we here if we haven't got a deal, she starts harping on about how she needs more money from the house and that she didn't realise how much my Pension was gonna be, I'm like, "hold on, you knew exactly how much last night, I told you, then we agreed 65/35 no pension", and she begins to tell me that she'd be losing too much money that way, I had to fight the urge to kick her c*nt in. Went back up told my guy, and he asked where her Solicitor was, got the Ex to point her out, he went over to her and gave it her straight, 60/40 Pension on 65/35 no pension, take it or leave it, that's it, oh and by the way drop the CSA Claim as well, you get more than enough money from my client oh and take responsibility for the whole of the mortgage. So I went out for a smoke break, came back up, Ex still in the waiting room, as I walked past her she mouthed "Fcuk off D!ckhead!", well no she didn't, but she was dying to, she mouthed "ok, 65/35", so then I goes and sees my chap, he tells me they want the 65/35, there's a surprise, my Calderbank letter stated that months ago.

So he gets down to writing the Consent Order, Ex and her Solicitor sat in the corner chatting and the Ex starts laughing, my head goes up and she actually smiled at me, so i mouth "feck off and Die B!tch", well I wanted to it was actually "what's so funny?", I get the old "tell you later", "feck does that mean I actually have to talk to you civilised then?", so my Solicitor and hers are going through writing the Consent Order, he asks her "do we need this paragraph in?", and I like, "which, the one that says, I, FredWest agree to be Dry Bummed with a Bass Broom (and not the thin end) for the next 14 years", "no the one that says, If I want to stay in the house longer and can't pay you out, I will"

So the Order gets finished, signed by all parties taken infront of the Judge, to which he authorises it. So, in 14 years or so I'm gonna get 35% of a house that i've paid for, but at least I don't have to pay the mortgage anymore.

I think I'm happy with the outcome, it's nothing less than I expected, so I must be happy, but why do I feel like I've been rogered the All Blacks.

So a result.

Oh, almost forgot, why they were laughing, her Solicitor told her that I wasn't at all like what she was expecting, she was expecting a short, fat, bald bloke, and she told her that she thought I was quite hunky, now if she'd have been a 30ish stunner, maybe, but she's in her bloody 50s.

Cheers guys, oh by the way locking wheel nuts are a bugger.

Fred

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
why are they a bugger? ) well done by the way.
How, I'd love to do her Tyres, but she needs her Car (Got the Kids to call it a Noddy Car), it's a Toyota Starlet. But it's something she'd blame me for straight away.

I've only just got rid of the sh!tty letters from her Solicitor, don't want anymore.

All I need to do now, is find out about my Re-Mortgageability, can I get another Mortgage without paying stupid Interest Rates, or am I stuck with the Frog Princess for years.

mate all you need is an alibi for the time it happens ;) sure loads of us on here will testify that you were chatting away and couldn't POSSIBLY have done it. and pay cash for the wheelnuts, don't use your card ;)