Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pensions Aristocrats – That’s You!

Interesting read, if not surprising.

...until I read the bit about what David Cameron is doing. The report dates from July 2010.

Hasn't gone away despite moves since then , there is a big legacy funding problemo,

Essentially, ungrateful Public Secor pensioner have not been dying quickly enough. Thus the as improvement in life expectancies have been tailing off recently, this was received in certain circles as being A Very Good Thing.

Well, perhaps, and this is just an idea, if the government, while promising nice pensions, had actually put money away in order to pay those pensions then maybe this problem wouldn’t exist. If there is an issue it is that successive governments have promised the earth and not put funding away to pay for it. They’ve depended on future tax payers to pay for their promises and suddenly its the fault of the people who were promised a pension who should now wait longer, get less or contribute more.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been told my pay isn’t what it might be because I’ve got a nice non-contributory pension. Well now is time to shut up and pay up.