Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pension

Hi was married for 40 years my ex dud mot contribute to anything the house is in my name only we have got debts I've managed to go on a iva other debt is in both names she not paid anythi g towards this is she Ble to get my pension etc I've spoken to a solicitor there's no legal aid and been told if she's not contributed to anything she dies not get anything as now there is no common wife etc can you give me advice please

Hi was married for 40 years my ex dud mot contribute to anything the house is in my name only we have got debts I've managed to go on a iva other debt is in both names she not paid anythi g towards this is she Ble to get my pension etc I've spoken to a solicitor there's no legal aid and been told if she's not contributed to anything she dies not get anything as now there is no common wife etc can you give me advice please
Try asking in here: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/forums/armed-forces-pension-scheme.185/

In some form of English.

Good luck.

You say you are 53 in your profile and you have been married for 40 years, where do you come from Alabama

Archie

I think that you are saying in one part of this post that you were married for 40 years, while in another part of the post you are implying (if I am understanding what you have written) that “there is no common [law] wife”. In other words you were not actually married. Please correct me if I am wrong. We’re you married, or were you not? It makes a big difference.

I think that you are saying in one part of this post that you were married for 40 years, while in another part of the post you are implying (if I am understanding what you have written) that “there is no common [law] wife”. In other words you were not actually married. Please correct me if I am wrong. We’re you married, or were you not? It makes a big difference.
I'm doing it on behalf of my partner h es been married 30 years not 40 and it's not for me I'm tryi g to find adv for him

The same thing applies - partner has or has not been married 30 years, if not married may have thought there was such a thing as a common law spouse, which of course there is not.

If married, the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 applies,
If not then property law applies and there would be a question about whether the OP’s spouse could establish an interest under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.

The same thing applies - partner has or has not been married 30 years, if not married may have thought there was such a thing as a common law spouse, which of course there is not.

If married, the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 applies,
If not then property law applies and there would be a question about whether the OP’s spouse could establish an interest under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
If you can make any sort of sense of what they're going on about, you're a better man than me.