Pension Transfer

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by crioche, May 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya,

I've been out for a few years and joined the Police. I served 22 years so I've been drawing the pension for a few years now and the big 'wad' of dosh that comes with it.

Is it worth my while transferring the Army Pension into the Police Pension - any knowledge out there on this topic?

I've heard rumour control come out with all manner of 'tales' but nothing concrete.

The Police Pension is final salary and very good, but my Army Pension is quite happily paying the mortgage & council tax. The start up salary for the Police is low (around 22k), so I'd rather not lose the Army Pension until the cops starting paying me more.

All advice welcome - preferably the sensible variety!
  2. I dont see why you would if it is paying your rent etc leave you with 22k to piss up the wall more or less.
  3. Pretty sure you can't transfer any pension after you've started drawing it.
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You're currently taking benefits from your Army pension but not from the police one? As I understand it, since your Army pension is in payment, there's no possibility of a transfer. I'm unsure why you would want to, to be honest.