Pension Terminal grant & Commutation

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by andyb43, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WOW

I got the lot 3 working days after leaving the Army God I was shocked.

Well done Glasgow :worship:

I hope they sort out the monthly payments as efficiantly.

2. well done, that's great!

others haven't been so lucky.

3. Everything goes much better if all the paperwork is completed on time and despatched to Glasgow. And that means planning your final medical etc in good time.

I wonder if JPA will speed up matters...

Litotes

4. Pensions update I got the G59 for the monthly payments today and very promptly posted it.

Not bad Lump sums in within 3 working days and form G59 arrives on the 4th day. so far all looking good. :thumright:

5. Got out 11 weeks ago today and i am still chasing up my half pension.
    I keep getting told that its in the system. So much for JPA speeding things up. I had budgeted for a max of 8 weeks without the money expecting it to be in by then but still no sign. I am now incurring extra expense where ive had to use my credit cards to pay for things that my pension was meant to cover.

6. Nooo! Not at 29% APR, you don't! You would be much better off asking your bank for an overdraft or a personal loan for a few months!

IMHO, of course!

Litotes

7. Nooo! Not at 29% APR, you don't! You would be much better off asking your bank for an overdraft or a personal loan for a few months!

IMHO, of course!

Litotes[/quote]

No choice on the credit cards as ive been abroad doing a training course and not able to contact my bank. As i said before the half pension was to be used to cover this and the admin office assured me it would take a maximum of 6 weeks to hit my bank. I was told by Glasgow that it had been lost in the JPA system. I would not normally use my credit cards for this but have had no choice.

8. I have been out for 34 days now. I have just telephoned the JPAC help line as the only thing I have had is my final pay.

Appart from having to wait (possibly) another 10 days for them to answer my question I was told that there is nothing on the computer pending for me. Joy!