Pension scheme for rejoiners

Mart16

Clanker
hi all, I'm currently in the process of rejoining ( served 6 years previously and left in 2011) I am in the early stages of rejoining so havnt had the chance to ask the questions to the AFCO in person, I am wondering if I get back in what pension scheme will I be put on? Will I carry on with the old system I was on or be put on to the new system, I only ask as I spoke to a bloke from my old unit who has recently rejoined and he said he had been put on a crap new system where he wouldn't be able to access his pension until he was 65! And wouldn't get a penny upon leaving after 22 years. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
If you rejoin before 1 April 2015 you will be on AFPS 05 but will be transferred to AFPS 15 on 1 April 2015.

If you rejoin after 1 April 2015 you will be on AFPS 15.

AFPS 15 pays out a pension immediately to those who serve until age 60. Those who do not have to wait until their state pension age to draw deferred AFPS 15 pensions.

Those who serve 20 years and reach at least age 40 (but leave before age 60) will receive an EDP lump sum of 2.25 times their deferred pension plus an EDP income of at least 34% of their deferred pension.