pension scheme comparison chart

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by napier, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Is anyone on here aware of a chart or table that compares AFPS 75, 05 and the future scheme side by side? Its worth a couple of beers as otherwise I'll have to create my own.
  2. There ia no wp75 table to my knowledge and the formula for the % is unknown unlike the 05 scheme.
    So drawing a comparison between the two would be difficult to say the least, people like escotia that bridge both rhe scheme's might be able to draw a conclusion but a table I doubt it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  3. Maybe it's like the rest of public sector ones where the pensions agency can't even tell us what the changes are. Different websites give different rates, all very confusing.
  4. Different way of working out the pensions by the same agency for the same conditions using a different system.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The nearest I have seen to what you describe can be found on pages 14-17 of publication 'A New Armed Forces Pension Scheme' 'Outline Scheme Design' produced by MOD and dated 31 July 2012. Should be on their website. If not let me know and I will see if FPS HQ has it electronically - my copy is on paper and a bit dog-eared.
  6. If someone takes up the offer of doing this pie chart can they include the new MPs one with their self awarded 25% pension increase... The thieving scum.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Thanks FPS, that did the trick. FYI I have contacted HQ FPS for an interview for the Veterans' Transition Review to discuss pension issues.
    • Like Like x 1