Pension rights

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by RE-DSO, Sep 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know my pension is a final salary pension. And I have to do 24 months in rank to achieve this but does the fact that I'll of been receiving Pay of higher rank/acting rank for my last 2 yrs have any bearing on my pension?
  2. If you use the pension calculator on the Defence Intranet, it shows that POHR is included in the calculation.

3. I keep forgetting about that. I've been driving a desk for the last 2 1/2 yrs and have only got a LCCSR term in the last month. My unit is so far behind the power curve. But I'm happy in my job and should time out here.
    Many thanks
  4. I thought that the time in highest rank had been reduced to 1 year from 2 recently, is this the case or have we been misinformed by our admin staff?

Doesn't make any difference to me, but a couple of my lads will need to do a few extra months after their 22 in order to pension at the higher rank if the qualifying period is still 2 years.

Can any pensions ninjas out there throw some light on the please?
  5. T_B

I heard something similar; that your pension qualification for the rank would now begin immediately, on completion of your promotion course (in other words, on attaining your substantive rank). I am treating it with caution, however, as I have yet to see anything official on this.