Pension question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by heard_it_all_before, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A question for the pay types.

A colleague left the army in 1988 after serving 6 years and had reached the rank of LCpl. Obviously he'll not be entitled to any pension until the age of 65 (I think) but is there anyway of being able to get any sort or estimate of how much he might get.

He's 47 so have a few years to go yet so obvioulsy no figures would be accurate, but is there a percentage or example of what somone reaching that age now with those years of service would be getting today..?

Thanks in advance

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

If he phones JPAC on:

Internet: JPAC@spva.mod.uk
    Civilian tel No: 0141 224 3586

They should be able to help.

3. You can also try the SPVA on 0800 085 3600 or if calling from abroad then call 0044 141 224 3600. I have had dealings with this agency and can only say that they are all round good eggs. Hope it helps.

4. B&T why have you got more medals on this site than a former collegue of ours who could not look me straight in the face, for obvious reasons.

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Cus I have an extremely shit job.

He's only recently picked his SSgt up.

6. You have got to be kidding, where the feck was he working to acheive the dizzy height of SSgt, I did'nt rate him as a full screw, but then again I did'nt rate myself, just played with myself.