Pension Query

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by zom757, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm being MD'd next month and I'm trying to sort out my pension and JPAC are being really helpful as always (NOT!). I'm just trying to find out what my discharge pension will be based on.

I joined up in Apr 88 and left in Aug 95. I was then called up as a reservist in Nov 95, did 6 months and as soon as that ended I re-enlisted back into the regulars. What I'm trying to find out is if they are going to work out my pension on my total service (19 years) or just from when I re-enlisted. I elected to stay on the AFPS75 scheme as well.

I've spoken to JPAC several times over the last couple of weeks and just keep getting told that I will have to wait till I'm out as they can't look at pensions till then. We never used to have this hassle before though, is this them just being jobsworths?
  2. ALL time served not just from your re a bigger pension
  3. I've become very sceptical over the years, especially where JPA is concerned!!
  4. Give em' a bell.
  5. Tried that 4 times last week. Just kept fobbing me off saying that I have to wait till I leave before they can sort it out as JPA only goes back to 1996 and the rest of my service details are in a file wherever pensions are dealt with. I've asked my admin unit to raise a JPA query about it as well.

Just seems that the stock reply for anything they can't be bothered to answer these days is that it's JPA's fault and nothing can be done. Glad I'm leaving!