Pension query

You can request one free
Thank you, we’ve done this numerous times. However, this is based on the info he knows, not what the army have on their system
you can request one free pension calculation from the mod each year. Could be a way of forcing a investigation into how much service he has. Has he received the annual pension forecast? Does that match his service?

JoBrand

Swinger
You can request one free

you can request one free pension calculation from the mod each year. Could be a way of forcing a investigation into how much service he has. Has he received the annual pension forecast? Does that match his service?
He has recieved a forecast each year for the last three years, last one being in June last year. Which does say that he will get an edp and lump sum following leaving in 2019, following this he called veterans uk who provide this forecast to be 100% sure. In that phonecall they said they could only see back to his current service, which started in 2007. Hence, the concerns he now has with adding on his previous service. So, even with the forecast showing previous service, they can’t see his previous service on his records? Which is very confusing, so he’s not getting that warm fuzzy feeling when talking to the people that produce these forecasts

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I would join the Armed Forces Pension Society, the service you get for thirty quid a year is excellent, send them all the details and see what the outcome is.

There's also the date of leaving, for example those who leave in March could well be down to the tune of thousands over the years compared to those who stag on for a few days more into April.

Join now - Forces Pension Society

JoBrand

Swinger
I would join the Armed Forces Pension Society, the service you get for thirty quid a year is excellent, send them all the details and see what the outcome is.

There's also the date of leaving, for example those who leave in March could well be down to the tune of thousands over the years compared to those who stag on for a few days more into April.

Join now - Forces Pension Society

He is already a member mate, apparently they can go only go off the dates we have, other than what the actually army have down, we’ve been in contact numerous times with them

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
He is already a member mate, apparently they can go only go off the dates we have, other than what the actually army have down, we’ve been in contact numerous times with them
Right, so surely your bloke knows his DOB, the date he joined up, left, then joined again? Are you saying the Army don't know those dates?

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
Sorry should of stated, they don’t have his first lot of service down
Surprising. I got my late brothers stuff from the Army, two fat folders of it and he only served 18 months 96/97.

Why isn't your husband riding the RAO/RCMO/RAOWO like Seabiscuit until someone digs the information out?

Did he change Regtl Numbers?

JoBrand

Swinger
Surprising. I got my late brothers stuff from the Army, two fat folders of it and he only served 18 months 96/97.

Why isn't your husband riding the RAO/RCMO/RAOWO like Seabiscuit until someone digs the information out?

Did he change Regtl Numbers?
Nope same number, same regiment etc. He’s been to see them all numerous times. Every time he’s been told, they don’t deal with it, the rcmo has left, and the fella who’s standing in for him doesn’t have a clue, that job is now gapped ‍♀️

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
He did 8.5 years initially and been back in now for 11.5 years so by our reckoning by this time next year will have completed 21yrs, this is confused however by most of the first year he was 17
So he needs to serve another 2 years after the age AND be sure he aggregated
We haven’t been able obtain this years yet, will see if I can dig out last years, is that the same as a forecast?
Get a formal forecast (AFPS Form 12) ---- but, if you know he is 2 yrs short of his 22, it will come to light and probably to your disadvantage

JoBrand

Swinger
So he needs to serve another 2 years after the age AND be sure he aggregated

Get a formal forecast (AFPS Form 12) ---- but, if you know he is 2 yrs short of his 22, it will come to light and probably to your disadvantage
Right so a little update, oh managed to speak to a lady from Glasgow yesterday and a guy from AGPS, who both both basically said that in their systems it showed Hubby so far as served 19yrs and 26 days so far. The year that was missing was due to when he swapped schemes it started from his 18 birthday. So, it would seem we are now in the clear for him to do his 7 clicks to freedom and qualify for his edp and pension. Hope this sounds correct. Thank you for all your replies