Pension query?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by fatsplasher, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. After some info for a friend.Six months ago a very good friend passed away aged 46.We left school and went straight into the Army,he served 6 yrs was just wondering what happens to his pension and does his widow have any entitlement?
  2. I would say ring the Service Veterens and Pensions Agency.
  3. Further to the above - contact via this website:


    in writing with as much detail as possible - name, rank, no. dates of service, unit etc. They won't do a great deal via the telephone and/or e-mail, but will respond to a letter.
  4. Thanks very much,on it.
  5. vauxhall

    vauxhall Sponsor

    To confirm the entitlement to a Pension, it is strongly recommended you ring the Forces Pension Society on 0207 820 9988 or email and speak to the Pensions Secretary who is the National expert in Armed Forces Pensions. It is worth noting that the FPS is a membership Society and to get full personal service you will be expected to join - but it is only £30 per year. See also The Forces Pension Society