Pension Query

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Lendosan, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello,
    My father just passed away this weekend, but Im trying to tie up all the loose ends as fast as I can.

    My father was claiming his pension already when he passed, but it was in an account in my fathers name. Im looking to get the pension switched to my mothers name, but I am unsure what to do or how to do it.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Need a bit more information in order to give any worthwhile advice ie: is it a service or private pension you`re talking about? You`d need to speak to whoever is paying out the pension I would imagine, as well as the bank that holds your father`s account. Be prepared to show various certificates to those concerned....marriage, death, etc. An upsetting time I`m sure, but the sooner this is sorted out, the better it will be for your mother. You will all have enough to deal with without having to worry about matters financial.
  3. I work in the pension industry. Call the firm that administrates the pension, they will tell you if she is entitled to a benefit (some pension schemes wont pay), if so send in the marriage and death certificate along with any other forms they send you. They should then tell you when the pay date is and take it from there.
  4. Lendosan, sorry for your loss.

    You may try to get everything sorted quick but in reality it can, in some cases, take ages to get everything sorted.

    You may need more than one copy of the death certificate if there are a few banks, insurance companies etc involved, otherwise you will be waiting until they send it back to send to the next one. If there is no will then a solicitor will need to get involved, and that can take up to six months or longer, in some cases.

    Browse throuh here
  5. Sorry to be unclear, but it is an army pension. Thus the post on the ARRSE forums. My old man used to be in the army, but I am unsure who I speak to in order to get it changed over to my mother.
  6. elovabloke

    elovabloke LE Moderator

    Contact the army pensions office, you will need more copies of the death cert I am afraid as everyone who you will be dealing with, banks, insurance and uncle tom cobly will require a copy.

    If you cannot find the address and nobody coughs on here just pop around/phone the the Army Careers Office for contact details.