Pension qualification

I left the RA in 1973 after 13 years (Discharge by purchase) having signed for 22. Is anyone aware of the pension rules as I have been told by some ex-service colleagues that I should have received a part pension at 60, and others that this can only happen if my discharge was after 1976 because the rules changed.

Any clarification would be great

Thanks - Simon

The pension changed in 1975. If I were you I would still write to SPVA (address available on t'internet) to enquire if you have any pension rights.

MB

Edited to add - I was 1 in 1973 :D

Thanks MB - Spoken with veterans association and they advised me to write to Services Pensions in Glasgow. So hey ho - see what happens :elephant:

SimonJ said:
I left the RA in 1973 after 13 years (Discharge by purchase) having signed for 22. Is anyone aware of the pension rules as I have been told by some ex-service colleagues that I should have received a part pension at 60, and others that this can only happen if my discharge was after 1976 because the rules changed.

Any clarification would be great

Thanks - Simon
I agree with the others; the rules changed in 1975 when the "new" pension started. But it is still worth checking.

Litotes

Mighty_Blighty said:
The pension changed in 1975. If I were you I would still write to SPVA (address available on t'internet) to enquire if you have any pension rights.

MB

Edited to add - I was 1 in 1973 :D
I was minus 1 :D

Latest Threads