Pension Qualification Period - Acting v Substantive

:? AFRP75 states 2 years sub or 3 years acting to qualify for a pension in your final rank. Is there a fudge factor for a combination of the two particularly if you have been acting for over 12 months?

I have heard that 2 years paid is now the rule of thumb - can any pension gurus out there advise?

Details are apparently clarified in Army Pensions Warrant 1977 which is harder to find than an honest politician!

I

In_my_day

Gerry_Atrik said:
:? AFRP75 states 2 years sub or 3 years acting to qualify for a pension in your final rank. Is there a fudge factor for a combination of the two particularly if you have been acting for over 12 months?

I have heard that 2 years paid is now the rule of thumb - can any pension gurus out there advise?

Details are apparently clarified in Army Pensions Warrant 1977 which is harder to find than an honest politician!
IIRC as you say there is a "fudgw factor". Each acting month/year counts as at a rate of 66% for the equiv substantive time ie 12 months acting counts as 8 months toward pension. On promotion you would only need 16 months substantive service for pension in that rank.

IMD