Pension? Payout? New Scheme Question.

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Jock92, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First of all I am on the new scheme (AFPS 05) as I have only done a few years. I don't really understand all the details/changes with the pension scheme. I just want an answer to a few questions which should be easy for some people on here to answer.

- Do you still get a 10K lump sum if you leave at 12 year point? And do you still get this lump sum if you have took any commitment bonuses eg. 5 year point? And If you take a commitment bonus how much longer are you committed to do for taking the bonus?

- Do you still receive full resettlement if at least 6 years service complete?

- And to give me a rough idea of how the new pension works, If I was to leave at my 12 year point as a full screw, at what age would my pension start and how much would i expect to receive? Or same again but how much as sergeant? Is there a calculator anywhere for working this out? I've asked these questions to some of my seniors and they aren't sure themselves.

Any help appreciated.

2. As I said that is all like chinese to me, I only need answers to the questions I asked.

3. It's you pension mate. Most seniors wont know because we are on the better system.

Which leaves you and a load of sproggy spunkers who can't or wont read up.

Try your RAO, they SHOULD know, or phone SPVA enquiries line (0800 number).

4. See your PM.

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Of course if you really want to know about pensions then you should join the Forces Pension Society. They provide excellent advice over the phone to members and also represent our interests when the government is engaged in the latest round of cuts!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1