pension lump sum

#1
This topic has probably been on before but i cant find it.........

last day in the army is today :D , and im a civi as of midnight. having done the whole lot, i am entitled to an immediate pension and lump sum. does any one know how long the lump sum takes to reach the bank ?
 
#2
From experience, my lump sum was in my bank in about 8 days although it can take up to a month. Balance of pay was in the bank within 96 hours.

Enjoy the rest of your life!
 
#5
Can I ask what you are planning to do with your lump sum?

My advice would be to invest it on Denman at 6/1 to win the Cheltenhan Gold Cup, or you could choose the sensible option and make it an eachway bet.

Just a thought, but congrats anyway.
 
#6
poes said:
This topic has probably been on before but i cant find it.........

last day in the army is today :D , and im a civi as of midnight. having done the whole lot, i am entitled to an immediate pension and lump sum. does any one know how long the lump sum takes to reach the bank ?
Chuffed for you..
 
#7
My wish from the moment I'd decided to go the whole hog was that when I came out, I'd grow my hair long. Unfortunately, my hair didn't play ball and I ended up with a head on upside down!
 
#8
my lum sum was in 10 days after my last day (which was the 14th) my 14 days pay arrived at the end of the month and my pension kicked in on the 5th of the next month.
 
#9
thanks for all the info, and its great to be oot. handed in ID card today and clocked 67MPH from BHQ to front gate .......even with the weight of my long hairy buggering handles !!!!
 
#10
congratulations to you, my turn in a few weeks, hurrah.
 
#11
On your first morning as a civvie, its like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders, great feeling.
 
#12
poes said:
thanks for all the info, and its great to be oot. handed in ID card today and clocked 67MPH from BHQ to front gate .......even with the weight of my long hairy buggering handles !!!!
You didn't run there naked :D

I have two stories about a soldiers last day in.

One was in Osnabruck in mid 94 (14 Sigs) where one of the lads was forced to a BFT on his last day. He usually was a bit of racing snake.

He ran round in a comfortable pace, when he got to within 1m of the finish line he stopped, sat down and had a smoke.....

And I know he did this, I ran past him.

The other was around around 95 in Bramcote, a Sgt handing his ID card in parked his artic right outside RHQ (it had a little layby outside). The RSM went bonkers, running up to the now discharged Sgt yelling and shoulting "Sgt X, move this truck RIGHT NOW". (The RSM and the Sgt didn't get on anyway) to which the reply was "That should be MR X, pleaase can you move your truck, sir please".

He jumped in the cab and off he went.

Didn't witness all of this, but there WAS a truck parked up on the day in question, at roughly the right time right outside RHQ.
 
#14
chocolate_frog said:
poes said:
thanks for all the info, and its great to be oot. handed in ID card today and clocked 67MPH from BHQ to front gate .......even with the weight of my long hairy buggering handles !!!!
You didn't run there naked :D

I have two stories about a soldiers last day in.

One was in Osnabruck in mid 94 (14 Sigs) where one of the lads was forced to a BFT on his last day. He usually was a bit of racing snake.

He ran round in a comfortable pace, when he got to within 1m of the finish line he stopped, sat down and had a smoke.....

And I know he did this, I ran past him.

The other was around around 95 in Bramcote, a Sgt handing his ID card in parked his artic right outside RHQ (it had a little layby outside). The RSM went bonkers, running up to the now discharged Sgt yelling and shoulting "Sgt X, move this truck RIGHT NOW". (The RSM and the Sgt didn't get on anyway) to which the reply was "That should be MR X, pleaase can you move your truck, sir please".

He jumped in the cab and off he went.

Didn't witness all of this, but there WAS a truck parked up on the day in question, at roughly the right time right outside RHQ.
I got to Bramcote in 96, just missed that, would've been funny to watch.
 
#15
My lump sum appeared pretty sharpish too, however because I had an allotment on my wages to my German bank, they took that amount and sent it to........my German bank. !?!?!?!?!?!?!? 'Kin knobheads!

In Lippstadt (22 Sigs) 1982, a guy on his last day hired a chauffered roller, came into camp, parked in the Adjt's spot and finished his clearance chit. Cool as..... Bob D****.
 
#16
poes said:
This topic has probably been on before but i cant find it.........

last day in the army is today :D , and im a civi as of midnight. having done the whole lot, i am entitled to an immediate pension and lump sum. does any one know how long the lump sum takes to reach the bank ?
Points to note.

1. On day one of the rest of your life, don't be jumping out of bed to quickly as the last thing that you want to do is to have a heart attack..!

2. My lump sum was in the bank on day 5 of the rest of my life.

3. Bollox to everyone else, it's now all about you and your family.

4. Civies are a bunch of one-eyed, selfish, whinging cnuts that refuse point-blank to accept responsibilty for any of their own actions.

5. Enjoy everything, as apart from the wife, you now have to answer to no cnut..

In 4 days time I'll have been "A fat useless Civvy" for exactly one year. What a fecking civvy sprogg..... :D
 
#17
Filbert Fox said:
On your first morning as a civvie, its like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders, great feeling.
Are you joking? I'm dreading getting out and am hoping for Veng long or FTRS. If not I'd rather just die on my final day then be a civvy.
 
#18
Micawber said:
Can I ask what you are planning to do with your lump sum?

My advice would be to invest it on Denman at 6/1 to win the Cheltenhan Gold Cup, or you could choose the sensible option and make it an eachway bet.

Just a thought, but congrats anyway.
What about that Nigerian Bank high interest account, still not had an interest statement from them, but I'm sure it'll arive soon.......!
 
#19
heard_it_all_before said:
4. Civies are a bunch of one-eyed, selfish, whinging cnuts that refuse point-blank to accept responsibilty for any of their own actions.
Not quite true in my experience. There are good civvies (few) and bad civvies (many).

A bit like being 'In' really - not everyone in green was worth a ****, and neither were they all worth my respect (such as it is).

Enjoy your life, it all really starts now.
 
#20
Fallschirmjager said:
Filbert Fox said:
On your first morning as a civvie, its like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders, great feeling.
Are you joking? I'm dreading getting out and am hoping for Veng long or FTRS. If not I'd rather just die on my final day then be a civvy.
that will be you left on your own soon then Fallschirmjager. :wink:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads