Pension index linked how much from 55 onwards help please

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dawnyp, Dec 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ji there I am currently applying for a mortgage in joint names for me and my husband. My husband is 38 now and has taken the extra 2 years veng. The lender is asking how much my hubby's pension will be roughy at age 65 from the army. He is looking at receiving about £12000 a year from aged 42 but not sure how i coulde estimate the amount form 65, thanks for help

2. Tell them that his pension will increase in line with the annual CPI from age 55, so historically you can estimate that it will go up up at a rate of somewhere between 2.0-3.0 % annually.

Also don't forget to take into account the whole non-commuted amount. ie; if he commuted and is currently getting 12K a year, he will be getting approx £14.5K per year from 55 plus the annual CPI increase that took place between age 42 and 55, you should then base your estimates on this amount.

This has been answered a few times on here so use the search function if not clear. Bear in mind that the Govt recently changed the annual rate of increase to align with CPI and not RPI (hopefully I have that the right way round, someone will correct me if wrong)

3. Brilliant thanks for such a quick helpful answer just what I needed. Good stuff thanks again Pocoyo!

4. RPI to CPI is correct. By the way, this hugely helped the Government financially, not the Pensioner. It was changed in the June 2010 Budget and the equations to calculate the very complicated final salary (cash lump sums) were given to Pension Providers in November 2010.

5. I would suggest you speak to the Forces Pension Society. They are the experts and will give you line and verse for your individual case. Google should give you the contact details.