Pension Increase

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by taffplod, Dec 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Presently drawing my army pension, by how much ,percentage wise does it increase at the grand old age of 55.

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Sounds like someone about to have a birthday - I have another year and am currently considering mounting campaign for all AF to recieve the same fat pensions as MP's :twisted: however cannot seem to get one of them to support me :evil:

3. Go on to the National Statistics site, get all the RPI increases since the year you left and increase your pension by them and you will get the answer. Don't hold your breath RPI increases have been low these past few years so the increase may not be a big as you hoped.

4. just need a percentage figure....

5. It isn't possible without working it out, you can do that yourself. If you just want a fugure plucked out of the sky then go for about 40% increase and you wont be too far out. Don't forget that if you fully commuted your pension when leaving you will also have to add your uplift. There are a gazillion threads on how to work it out. A quick search will find one.

6. Just drop The Army Pensions Office (or whatever they call it now) a line, I did it about 18 months before mine was due. They came back in fairly short order with an accurate figure.

7. Cheers all, just wanted a rough idea seems a little bit more than expected ,forgot about the communtation, more beer tokens .
    :wink:

8. Just buy the Porsche mate....you know you wnat to!

9. I should ferking wish,stuck with the aston martin

10. Check your PM - I have an excel spreadsheet that calculates this for you.