Pension Forecast

Having been recently accepted by The Australian Defence Force with a start date of November this year. I submitted a request for my pension forecast, as I will have completed 22 years service at the time of my discharge.

As I am a rejoin (Left 2002-rejoined 2003) I was given the choice of remaining on AFPS 75 or transferring it to AFPS 05. Naturally I opted to stay with the 75 pension!!!!!! Having received my forecast today they have calculated my pension as part of AFPS 05.

Has anybody else had this problem before? Haow can this be right if I opted to remain on the 75 pension? And what can I do about it!?!?

HELP!!!

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
Yes, the Forces Pension Society has heard of this before and usually it easily sorted out. Ask them to show you your option form!

The OTT required people to opt for transfer or not. Those who did not return the option form stayed on AFPS 75. In a nutshell, they need to show you where you said you would transfer.

Yes, the Forces Pension Society has heard of this before and usually it easily sorted out. Ask them to show you your option form!

The OTT required people to opt for transfer or not. Those who did not return the option form stayed on AFPS 75. In a nutshell, they need to show you where you said you would transfer.

Thanks very much, I rang JPAC again today and they were very helpful. It seems they have used my TOS date from when I was posted in 2005 as a date for my rejoining rather than the date in 2003 I actually rejoined. So they have put me on the AFPS 05. I sent of a letter to Glasgow as proof of my actual rejoin date. Hopefully all sorted now.

Latest Threads