Pension Ent

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Rechmech100, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all was curious if anyone can help on a little matter,

    I have currently just passed my 12 year point and decided to take the walk. I am all lined up in civi street but was curious about a lump sum i am entitled to? not sure what its called just heard of it the other day. at the moment i was only aware of carrying my pension into civ div?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    many thanks.
  2. Now that really is a wah surely, a squaddie who has served 12 years and didnt know about a lump sum payment or what it is called, just log in as a journo mate we are nowhere near as ******* stupid as you think we are! And even reccy mechs are not that ******* stupid.
  3. The only help you need right now is from your Unit Admin Office. Only when they fail miserably should you be fishing for info on here!
  4. If your 12 yrs is paid service from the age of 18, you should be entitled to a tax-free Resettlement Grant. Have you applied to attend a Financial Aspects of Retirement course? The first couple of hours is delivered by the Forces Pension Society (on behalf of MOD) and covers this, preserved pensions, transferring AFPS benefits to other schemes and lots more.