Pension Commutation

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by PoisonDwarf, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see now has an armed forces section in there, which is great. My missus spotted it earlier and tuned me in.

There is a thread on commuting pension. Not sure if anyone's interested. Hope someone else hasn't posted the same link (I'm a bit blind and tired - not drunk honestly officer).

2. Very good site with some interesting comments. I have heard most of those pros and cons of commuting (or not).

We decided it would be best for us as a family to go for full commutation in case I turned my toes up early :D . A bird in the hand etc.
  3. This is a good thread, I don't suppose anyone has any info about pensions and whats the best way to deal with them when you go and join the NZ army?? do you leave it here in a hight interest account and take out your monthly from a UK accont or is it best to send it over to NZ on a monthly basis??
  4. Best you get on to JPA soonest mate and get their advice. Just as a matter of interest will they (JPA or NZA) abate your pension for joining the NZ Army?