Pension Commutation

I see moneysavingexpert.com now has an armed forces section in there, which is great. My missus spotted it earlier and tuned me in.

There is a thread on commuting pension. Not sure if anyone's interested. Hope someone else hasn't posted the same link (I'm a bit blind and tired - not drunk honestly officer).

PD

Very good site with some interesting comments. I have heard most of those pros and cons of commuting (or not).

We decided it would be best for us as a family to go for full commutation in case I turned my toes up early :D . A bird in the hand etc.

This is a good thread, I don't suppose anyone has any info about pensions and whats the best way to deal with them when you go and join the NZ army?? do you leave it here in a hight interest account and take out your monthly from a UK accont or is it best to send it over to NZ on a monthly basis??

Gasbag said:
This is a good thread, I don't suppose anyone has any info about pensions and whats the best way to deal with them when you go and join the NZ army?? do you leave it here in a hight interest account and take out your monthly from a UK accont or is it best to send it over to NZ on a monthly basis??
Best you get on to JPA soonest mate and get their advice. Just as a matter of interest will they (JPA or NZA) abate your pension for joining the NZ Army?