Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pension and gratuity payment process

Missie

Clanker
I received my forecast in September and sent in my application form (recorded delivery) in September and heard no more since. My pension and gratuity is due this week should I have heard something from Glasgow or does it just arrive.

The same here. I sent the application and heard nothing until the lump sum appeared in my account about 10 days after my pensionable date. Don't worry mate.

Vets UK do not start to assess your preserved pension claim until your birthday. They will pay the first pension within the following 30 days. They also have 30 days to pay the lump sum but, typically, they manage pay that within about 10 working days.

I have had one or two cases on the Veterans Gateway where these timescales have not been met. If you haven't got your pension and lump sum within that 30 calendar day period mentioned above, I would suggest a letter to Vets UK hastening payment and, yes, make sure it is sent recorded delivery.

Vets UK do not start to assess your preserved pension claim until your birthday. They will pay the first pension within the following 30 days. They also have 30 days to pay the lump sum but, typically, they manage pay that within about 10 working days.

I have had one or two cases on the Veterans Gateway where these timescales have not been met. If you haven't got your pension and lump sum within that 30 calendar day period mentioned above, I would suggest a letter to Vets UK hastening payment and, yes, make sure it is sent recorded delivery.
Hi to update you, today is 3 weeks since my 60th birthday and I have been informed that they now have up to 6 weeks to pay your pension and gratuity