Pen pictures

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by VerminWA, Aug 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone out there know what the 5 P's are and in order please?
  2. Planning and Preparation Prevent Poor Performance...... although I can get it up to 7 :D
  3. Thanks, but I meant the one's used as a guide for writing pen pictures, i.e performance etc
  4. The format we work to (only 4 Ps I know):

Post - Background and summary of role fulfilled.

Performance - How they did in the execution of this role.

Position - In rank against peers within whatever level of unit.

Potential - Have they reached the end of the line, or do they have potential to reach 2 ranks up.

5. Post (3 Lines) - Brief description of the post and any particular responsibilities.

Personality (4 Lines) - Pithy description of the individuals personality (good and Bad points) to enable a board to form an impression of the soldier.

Performance (7 Lines) - Say how well the soldier has perfomed in post and draw out the individual's technical, soldierly, leadership and managerial skills.

Potential (4 Lines) - Comment on future employment and potential for promotion. Include commissioning potential if appropriate.
  6. Thats the badger, cheers HF!

edit to add cheers AblyAndy!
  7. if you are honest plant-pilot has the better version though, does he not????
  8. Yep, with the 5/7 P's I wouldn't have needed to ask the question and I wouldn't be in such a desperate hurry to get them done!
  9. Its the 7 Ps:

Prior Planning and Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance