Peli case

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by daywalker, Jan 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Gents, I'm trying to get myself a decent size peli case. Looking at getting one that is the medium mfo box size. I know you can get them from fleabay and peli themselves but I'm not all that keen on spending 300 quid on one!!!

Cheers in advance for any help.
  2. What model you after, mid size is 1510 ( airline hand lungage compatible) or the larger 1610?
  3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Looking at the quite large ones mate.
  4. Well I've a 1610 & 1660 and the latter is a fairly large one.
  5. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

1660 is the one I'm looking for.
  6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

7. If you are moving that much kit that requires that level of protection, you are moving too much expensive kit!
  8. Daywalker
    Are you still serving?
  9. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I am indeed.
  10. daywalker, this may be of use to you?

Re: Useful NSNs:..........Post Number 559

/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by CC_TA
    Also they do 40% off for Squaddies.

Don't go through a supplier; I spoke with one of the sales gurus who said to phone them, Peli Products UK on the above number to confirm whats on offer or to order catalogues.

PS. Wish I knew how to quote from other threads!
  11. Sorry about the delay-pizza related smoke alarm incident...
    Speak to your armourer.
    GPMG's are undergoing a life extension at the moment from BAE systems. When your units GPMG come back they arrive all shiny, with a new tool roll,x2 new chromed barrels/springs etc in a massive (guitar cased sized) olive green Peli box. These boxes can be demanded on their own NSN and come empty. If you are storing military kit in it and you can get the NSN off the armourer (jar of coffee should do the trick) weres the harm ???
    Sig Saurs have a Peli box NSN too (smaller and black)...
  12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Cheers for all replies, have tried to go through the back channel jar of coffee route but I'm posted to a place that **** I would struggle to get a roll of flannelette without the signature of at least a 2 star!!! Might give peli uk a bell to see what they come up with.
  13. What is it you are moving around and why? There are other ways of achieving the same protection depending what you have.
  14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

It is personal kit, but some of it is quite expensive. Would just prefer one big sturdy box rather than 2 or 3 gorilla boxes.
  15. Plus gorrila boxes are shite. I have 2 gorrila boxes but they have a different purpose than anything I would have a pelicase for.

You'd need a pelicase to put the gorrila box in if you wanted anything protecting.