Peli case with S&B scope and accessories - any info?

Much more modern than my collection of scoped WW1 Enfields.....

Came across some pictures of a setup in a case that intrigued me.

Peli iM2400 case with a lovely set of, obviously made for the kit, cutouts with
a S&B 5-25x56 scope (but all kit was black not green)
a mount that has 45MOA written on it (on a hunch I looked up drop for a 7.62 at 1000X and it is 46MOA)
two adapters which look as though they are for a night sight - KN200?

Any ideas? Bought in emergency civvy kit? feck all to do with military so crawl back into my hole and replace the lid?

Much more modern than my collection of scoped WW1 Enfields.....

Came across some pictures of a setup in a case that intrigued me.

Peli iM2400 case with a lovely set of, obviously made for the kit, cutouts with
a S&B 5-25x56 scope (but all kit was black not green)
a mount that has 45MOA written on it (on a hunch I looked up drop for a 7.62 at 1000X and it is 46MOA)
two adapters which look as though they are for a night sight - KN200?

Any ideas? Bought in emergency civvy kit? feck all to do with military so crawl back into my hole and replace the lid?
Are you able to post the pictures you saw?

dig, dig, dig - ah ha

Attachments

• PM_II.jpg
    PM_II.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 88

4(T)

LE
Civvie by the looks of it. Possibly police if that mount is not a 45 MOA.

Maybe send a picture to Graham at Sporting Services. Its possibly one of his retail kits.

haloman

Old-Salt
Possibly for the PM sniper rifle? The original PM had 3 interchangeable barrels for different tasks although I believe this was later discarded.
I was involved in bringing the PM and S&B scope into service back in the early 80's. I knew Malcolm Cooper well and he would never accept less than perfection.
On the other hand I may be wrong and its probably nothing to do with the PM.!

TamH70

MIA
Possibly for the PM sniper rifle? The original PM had 3 interchangeable barrels for different tasks although I believe this was later discarded.
I was involved in bringing the PM and S&B scope into service back in the early 80's. I knew Malcolm Cooper well and he would never accept less than perfection.
On the other hand I may be wrong and its probably nothing to do with the PM.!

It's a PMII scope in 5-25 x 56, looks like it's got all the bits. Made by Schmidt und Bender, as it says on the scope-tube. Looks like something you'd stick on a .338 Lapua Magnum rifle, or similar, as it looks a bit overkill for 7.62mm NATO, like wot the L96 and L118 were chambered in.

Indeed there's a piccy of one stuck on top of the L115 A3 Lapua gat that we've adopted as the new long-range precision sniper's rifle on this page here:

Latest Threads