Peli Case Impact Test

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dinosaur_poo, Nov 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there is some interest on this site in proper Peli cases (not the big black boxes in the PX which people call 'Peli Cases' which often don't survive the trip back to Brize) so I thought I'd post this video:

YouTube - Pelican Case: Torture Tests

It's a bit Americanly Cheesy but it's good to see all the same.

2. Makes me glad I decided to go to the effort of rescuing a Peli case the QM's were binning. The catches had broken off so the box couldn't be closed any more. Thus, in the QM's eyes the case was useless and was heading for the skip.
    However, Peli provide a lifetime warranty and were more than happy to send new catches out to me!
    Only problem is that the case always ends up at the weapon collection point at Brize rather than heading onto the conveyor!

3. I own two Pelicases & could'nt rate them highly enough,

'However'

In the VT clip and I'm probably wrong but look carefully that the glass vase which is put in on the left (handle side up) is kept IN, whilst it's the vase on the right pulled out to show,

it's probably my weekend hangover still lurking giving me poor viewing...

4. Spotted that too. Also we don't see that the case under the truck isn't full of sand (wouldn't give way if solid) , that the cell phone and iPod switch on, and that the peli case which gets shot is the same one that gets opened. Can't see any ballastic damage on the one he opens.

Bit sketchy but I can vouch for them working, mine have taken plenty of stick over time.

5. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

There will be a couple of reviews coming up in the next week or so. Otterbox Defender and Commuter for Iphone

6. Yes, but the guy at ground level is not to know which vase was used as the demo at the top. He just grabbed one of the 2 to show, I don't think there was any dodgy jiggerypokerey going on.

7. I have an otter box defender for my Ipod touch its good if not a little bulky. It has 2 layers of protection and it even covers the screen. It keeps out the dust and is splash proof. Now I take my Ipod on Ex.

8. Not exactly an impact test, but i did read a few years ago, the teams on the camel trophy were using the peli cases as washing machines, basically just emptying them of whatever they were supposed to be carrying then popping in laundry water ect, strapping on the roof of the landy and allowing the motion of the vehicle to provide the agitation in the case.