Peky ads again

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Auld-Yin, Feb 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am having a problem with an ad which is jumping in and pushing the photo on the home page down the page, see below:

Pageview 170213.png

Any chance of please fixing this PITA before the elections for Moderator ?
  2. Just a question: does it appear when your cursor hovers over an underlined word, and has the odd word here and there started appearing underlined, when previously they would likely not have been?
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I had a 'request to log-in' pop-up in the middle of my screen earlier today. I didn't know what it was for, but there are loads of different login screens I have to use at work, and I didn't see it appear. It looked very much like 2 of my login screens, so I clicked on it. Bet you can guess what happened next? XXX Military dating?

Thanks a ******* lot! My workplace web-washer stat's really need to show me looking at 'XXX dating sites'. That will look great if they review my browser history.

Ad's are Ad's, we get it. But invasive pop-ups? Taking the piss...
  4. Noticed that as well and I pay for no ads!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  5. That's kind of why I asked. A_Y has it with ads, you have it w/o ads, it also occurs with, ahem, adblockers.

I think Malwarebytes shifted it. Either that or Eset.

As I recall.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No just appeared when I went in to my homepage. Hope I don't get a grilling from GCO again!
  7. Mebbes something else then A_Y.

It might fix the Joker's though. I had it and didn't bother till it got too annoying, and then I noticed it wasn't only on the Arrse.
  8. This is happening to me constantly and it is getting on my nerves.
  9. I'm sure it was Malwarebytes that shifted it.

It might be Adware.

There's this, but it's not the page I looked at when I sorted it out. Mentions IE and Chrome, but I got the same on Firefox. You can definitely get rid of it.

10. Anyone else seeing "bleed-over" from ads? If I click n the next page number (e.g. I'm on Page 2 and click the box with "3" to go to the third page), An page opens instead. This happens mainly on my tablet (Toshiba Thrive), even when zoomed in and carefully selected.
  11. HHH

HHH LE

I think they are called Skimlinks ads, and if I remember right from an earlier thread you should only get them if you haven't logged into the site.
    See here;
  12. Seems to have gone now, did nothing at all either.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for all the info and feedback. Just working my way through.

Sorry about that. I've made the changes to cure this so it should shortly stop happening.

There are a few link rewrites that I don't have control over though which you will still get - they are mainly links to RVOps that are automatically generated on keywords like Lowa Boots. They are passive in that it just makes a link - nothing more.
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Doesn't sound good - could you take a screenshot please (press volume down and power at exactly the same time for about half a second) as I'm not clear on what's happening