For Inspection Pegasus Hobbies - A6M2 Model 21 "Zero"

Current for the group build, the Pegasus Hobbies - A6M2 Model 21 "Zero" aka,the £5 challenge :)

Aug 20, 2017
#6,948

Ok, since the '109 canopy's are doing my head in... time for a break and start something else, the £5 challenge :)

So, for a fiver I picked up this:

The contents:

Rather back to the 60/70's, wheels & undercarriage struts moulded as one, ditto for the props... and a very, very low part count.

Work started on the cockpit etc

Aug 29, 2017
#7,011

First coatish on the zero, colours supposed to be hemp, whatever shade that's supposed to be .... might need to add a bit more green to the mix

Arh well, cocked up the colour....now there's a surprise, so once more out with the airbrush for a change of colour:

Now a spiffing shade of green, sharp-eyed people might recognise the colour as RLM02, closest I had, so bugger it :)

Underside

Topside after pre-shading with black followed by a steel mix, aiming (badly) for a worn effect

Looking from the arse end

Side on

Leave it dry for a while....about a year or so, then onto the markings and odds n sods :)

Update, markings done and a flat coat applied

Long view including the cockpit

Sideish view

Markings are part kit & part Airfix from the '109, they provided the roundels

Calling the £5 special done....before I over do it and stuff it up, makes a change to make something OOTB

side view

Head on