Pegasus Bridge - to be a film at last.

Slightly off topic, and I don't know if it has been raised elsewhere, but what happened to black soldiers if they were captured by the Germans? I know that the Germans shot 3,000 Senegalese prisoners in 1940 after the fall of France because they had fought harder than the French and that fact was contrary to German theories of racial superiority.
So, did the Germans shoot them? Or because black American soldiers in a segregated army were not in front line roles did the situation not arise?

Nope - our cast are all historical - There were several Black Soldiers in the British 6th Airborne Division, and one of them, appears briefly in our film. He appears because he was there, in the events that we are concerned with (in 7th Para in the fighting in Benouville) All the cast are played by people of the right age and look for the people they're to be playing historically. So again all the cast will be for the most part British, French and German, though I believe we have some international (Australia) actors trying out for some of the roles, but again still not any Hollywood names doing iffy accents.

Band of Brothers of course did have two very big names attached to it but they were behind, not in front of the camera - so that had its own publicity machine, as anything would with the name of Spielberg and Hanks on it. The show had a massive marketing campaign behind. We haven't even started that for Pegasus yet, really the first step is to have some open dialogue with people on forums such as these and social media so people know the film is coming.

Cast yet? My proposals.
Martin Clunes as Howard. (Frost deleted due to mindfart.)
Sean Bean as the gritty Northern CSM.
Danny Dyer as the cheeky cockney sparra.
David Tennant as the jock Glider pilot.
Rhys Ifans as the Welsh glider pilot.
Jack Dee as the sarcastic barrack room lawyer.
Alan Carr as the 'cough' suspect RAMC medic.
Rutger Hauer as the German bridge commander. (I know he's Dutch, but Christoph Waltz wanted too much money.)
Beatrice Dalle as the French bint who gives 'comfort' to the troops.
And to appeal to the ladies and to create a demand in the USA, George Clooney as the
token American liaison officer who's a veteran of the Spanish Civil War, and wins the hearts and minds of the lowly, dispirited Tommies byy taking the starch out of the monocle-wearing incompetent martinet, Maj. Cuthbert Fop-Dandy, as played by any actor with a Received Pronunciation.

still not any Hollywood names doing iffy accents.

Band of Brothers of course did have two very big names attached to it but they were behind, not in front of the camera
Damian Lewis was no slouch in the acting stakes when Band of Brothers was made, he also managed a very creditable American accent to play Winters.

Pegasus Bridge..... If it's authentic, going to be a very short film.

Whats the latest please?
Money and who will producer/be director & who distribute it when released.
In other words the usual things that stop a film being shot......but watch this space...............

"Usual things that stop a film being shot"..... "They ran out of ammo again"?

All for the Oxs and Bucks to take the bridge again!

Last edited:
How do the Americans get to win the day?

Hmm.. I'm waiting for the pressure comeing from the SJW's in their ongoing efforts to rewrite history to make it more inclusive and they squeeze in a few "actors of colour" to please the "snowflakes" & up the appeal :-(

Unless it explores the planning and training behind the op.
I would love to see some of the pilot training included and proper recognition for "one of the finest bits of precision flying and navigational accomplishments of the war". Not my words but from
Air Chief Marshal Sir Trafford Leigh-Mallory, Commander of the Allied Air Forces.

Staff Sergeant Geoff Barkway

I would love to see some of the pilot training included and proper recognition for "one of the finest bits of precision flying and navigational accomplishments of the war". Not my words but from
Air Chief Marshal Sir Trafford Leigh-Mallory, Commander of the Allied Air Forces.

Staff Sergeant Geoff Barkway
You'll enjoy this:

D-Day: This Drone Footage Follows The Route Of The Gliders That Landed 50 Yards From Pegasus Bridge!

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/drone-follows-glider-flightpath-to-pegasus-bridge.264679/

Latest Threads