Peg for cam net poles to go in.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by hogstable, Aug 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Posted here as I thought there would be more views here than on the vehicle thread.

    Is there a peg with a hollow section that a vehicle cam net pole drops into rather than resting the pole on the ground.

    If there is a nsn or the proper name that would be really appreciated.

  2. Yes there is such a peg for the solid "plastic" flexible cam poles rather than the hollow metal variety.

    They are about the same size as a PU12 mast stake

    I will try to remember to have a dig tonight.
  3. Thank you very much, Polar.
  4. Look at the vehicle cam schedule.
  5. Not wanting to teach you to such eggs, but why would you need them?

    You first peg down the cam net and use its tension to keep the poles up. That way you ensure that it’s stable and bomb proof.
  6. Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs but you need them if you're using flexible cam poles.

    Hogstable, you will find them in a CVR(T) Cam Schedule, it's available on Dii.
  7. NSN is H5 8340-99-130-8671. Qty 8 per CVRT cam & concealment set i do believe.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OP didn't mention it was for the flexible poles.
  9. He didn't mention that it wasn't either.

    What's your point?
  10. Thank you for your help.

    Was in a conversation with a PSI about camming vehicles and he mentioned them. Seems easier to make a garage that way. Thanks again.
  11. Not playing