Peership for sale???

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Oct 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fancy a peership? need that extra fancy credential on your CV?

Then donate a large wad of cash to the Labour Party and watch it's returns in less than 4yrs.

www.torygraph.co.uk

2. Peership! :p :lol:

3. Count Biscuits of Cheekybastardshire......at your service.

4. I hate to be cynical, and don't condone cronyism, but I'm sure that the Tories made plenty of peers in their time.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Being as we are good Servants of the Crown, and thus of Her Ministers of State, I want no comments here about the Minister for Defence Procurement, Lord Drayson, and his entirely-coincidental contributions of more than £1M to the Labour Party prior to his entirely-justified elevation to the Peerage.

That said, it's nice to actually have a Procurement Minister who was a successful businessman :)

6. Hmm, Peerage perhaps? :wink:

7. Is it? Or is it yet more ways the Government are trying to tie down UK plc spending? (Now who's being cynical :lol:)

Ghost

8. Does that make the labour party's action any less scandalous?

Yes the tories had their sleaze, but no government in history has had this much mud thrown at it (most of it self inflicted) and come out smelling of roses.

9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Indeed; his companies have been very successful in winning bids to supply govt departments...

Interesting to note that yet another major Neue Arbeit donor is the owner of a food processing business. It seems that Labour's committment to animal welfare, expressed so forcefully in the hunting ban, does not extend to the appalling practices occurring daily in industries connnected to food processing - I wonder why?