Pedestrian killed by police car "delivering takeaway"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bobthedog, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is evidently much to this which we don't know. How was she in the road, for example? This being the case, criticism and speculation can wait until after the facts have come out and the matter is no longer sub iudice.

2. As the article mentions, she was crossing the road with her husband, nothing criminal enough for a policeman to run her down. In all these cases there is no smoke without fire, and there were no immediate denials of his activity!

The fact remains this occurs all too often nowadays, and it seems to be getting worse.

(edited to remove the word assassinate)

3. the misuse of blues and twos seriously pisses me off, Last month on the Edinburgh bypass the traffic was busy and had backed up on one of the slip roads, A Patrol car used blues and twos to cut through the traffic on the slip then switched them off as soon as they entered moving traffic. Now I know it is a perk of the Job but by switching them off as soon as they cleared the slip it was obvious to all that there was no Emergency to attend. They could have at least left them running until out of site of all the good drivers that kindly let them through.
    Now next time it happens why should I move out of the way to allow some fat cop that can't be arrsed waiting 2 minutes like everyone else. I generally Support the Police but Pricks like that give the decent blokes a bad name

Rant Over

4. 119 views and now only the second reply.

I will reserve comment until the investigation is complete or other "information is released"Needless to say I won't be relying on updates in the Sun.

5. I think we should, before the outrage wagon rolls out, think of the poor woman who was killed and her obviously distraught husband.

If the officer was using his blues & 2's for no other reason than getting his scoff back before it gets cold, and/or driving like a c0ck then he's fair game and deserves whatever's coming to him.

It's not unusual for officers to collect their food then take it back to the nick. Our farce recently tried to stop the practice until they realised that it was impracticle as officers would have to go back to the nick, drop their kit, get in their own cars, pick up the scoff, drive back to the nick, re-kit, then eat. Most officers pick up their hot food whilst on their patrols prior to returning to the nick to eat it. Also it's better to have cops out on the ground, even if they are picking up grub or getting a brew rather than in a nick cooking and brewing.

Lets wait out for the full story on this one.

edited for inacurate fingers

6. Assassinate???

Behave yourself.

What I will say is this. If the facts are as stated. The Cnuts involved need fcuking over for a long time. No scratch that, a very long time.

However I won't be getting outraged just yet. Wait for the facts and all.

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I often see the PSNI officers from my part time station down the road from me coming out of/in the garage/take out & getting into the company car with a bag of scran.I suppose they have no choice aside from driving back to Newtownards Nick for scran.
    As far as I'm concerned they are like firemen/Paramedics & have to grab scran when they can.Fair play to them,we all do it except we dont have B&2's.
    But I'm reserving judgment until the full story is known,this sort of thing happens all too often & people are jumping on the bandwagon.
    Regards,
    Spike

8. Perhaps a system that more readily informst he cop shop that the blues and 2s have been activated. Then the copper can be questioned as to why this was. Esp if there was no emergency was flagged up at the time.

Re the pusher inner, copper. Did you get the cars details and pass this info to the cop shop?

I believe this was what started happening to the police, after a 100 grand "operation" to prove that a driver had indeed eaten an apple at the wheel. The very next week a copper was photographed eating at the wheel as they left the police station.

They´d do you for running a red light, now they´re running a blue one.

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Locked as I can see exactly where this is going. Lads, wait until the full story comes out before unhitching the outrage wagon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.