Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Chavalryman, Aug 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

Just a quick one........

Is there anymore info on PECOC , the soldier 95 / PLCE replacement - or whatever it is called these days.

Based on a quick search of the net this stuff is supposed to be in service pretty soon.

Has anyone seen / used any of the kit?

2. Kit Monster is the man to ask. There's a PECOC roadshow doing the rounds at the moment.

Oh - and the Arrse search function works just fine: quite a few threads on PECOC.
  3. Gun_Nut

Cheers thanks for that - couldn't engage my brain last night.

4. I was planning to post some pictures of what some of it is like; seeing as so many people have seen it. Before I do I need some help in displaying pictures in a message. Yes I know I should be an expert etc etc etc.

I have set up a flickr page and have managed to get the url of a picture into a message but only the url link is displayed which needs to be clicked (see my stickie on corrective lenses). How do I get the picture to display in the message. Help me out and I'll start posting pics next week.
  5. I believe...

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

The way to display images is using the image tags, example

In your other post, you had some random collection of letters after the ".jpg" which were stopping it being identified as an image.
  8. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Not for me, try refreshing the page. Or use FireFox, if you're not already.
  9. Ok a tester for boots:

10. That seems to work.

Two different height boots?
  11. Nah, I'll just wait 'till I get home. dii sucks.
  12. Kitmonster,

Thanks for the effort you have put in.......

And especially thanks for the tester - much appreciated.

13. Nope,

Picture taken at the Miendl Factory in Germany. They are both Desert Elites, currently on issue, before the sole unit is stuck on. If I remember one is a size 3 female and the other a size 12 male. Just for comparison! I have now 2 boots I take around on briefings, size 3 female (the smallest) and size 15 male (the biggest); used to show the size range of people that need kitting out and the difficulties in keeping all the size range stocked.

Now I know how to show pictures I will start showing some PECOC stuff; well the non-controversial stuff anyway!
  14. Controversial?Why? :?
  15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

DII blocks Flickr which is why you can't see the images .....