Pearls of wisdom to the new crows of tomorrow?

I'm sure we all have some useful advice for those future gung-ho Infanteers of tomorrow, c'mon, even the paras and booties don't learn it all during phase 2, theres always going to be something the steely-eyed instructors can miss

Got any hints and tips for the upcoming sprogs of tomorrow? It doesn't have to teeth arms; scaleys, sloppos, bunker builders, is there something the world needs to know? Something you need to let out?

My first piece of advice would not to get to friendly with the PSAO; as a fresh cut baby face during my college days I spent my days off doing admin at the barracks; every few hours or so "would you like to make me a cup of tea" or "would you like to go and get my lunch"...

Maybe there's a secret ingrediant which remains a closely guarded secret which can spruce up even the most gopping meal (although everyone knows Tabasco is now standard issue), we've all heard "never volunteer for anything", "travel light and travel fast etc, any other gems out there?

My first piece of advice would be to avoid the wrath of @jarrod248 and "use the search function".

'Cos we've never had this kind of thread before, honest.

Now that's out of the way:

Never volunteer for train guard.
If you sign for anything, make sure it is to CES, and any diffies noted, otherwise you'll be paying for the fcuker later. The best SQMS has fcuk all in his store except a 1033 folder and a P1954 pad. (Best for the SQMS that is). Or whatever the new fangled network-enabled sustainable force-multiplying equivalents are of these forms.
Don't piss off your Tp SSgt, the SSM or RSM. They will win.
Don't fcuk about with or lose weapons, ammo or crypto. Clang, mind your fingers is the IA.

Use eyes, ears and mouth in proportion to the frequency of ownership.

In other words, watch and listen at least twice as much as you talk.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm sure we all have some useful advice for those future gung-ho Infanteers of tomorrow, c'mon, even the paras and booties don't learn it all during phase 2, theres always going to be something the steely-eyed instructors can miss

Got any hints and tips for the upcoming sprogs of tomorrow? It doesn't have to teeth arms; scaleys, sloppos, bunker builders, is there something the world needs to know? Something you need to let out?

My first piece of advice would not to get to friendly with the PSAO; as a fresh cut baby face during my college days I spent my days off doing admin at the barracks; every few hours or so "would you like to make me a cup of tea" or "would you like to go and get my lunch"...

Maybe there's a secret ingrediant which remains a closely guarded secret which can spruce up even the most gopping meal (although everyone knows Tabasco is now standard issue), we've all heard "never volunteer for anything", "travel light and travel fast etc, any other gems out there?
Only the words of advice of my dear old Dad.

'Never volunteer for anything.'

WTF??

Always make sure you get the young man's name.

And never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.