Peaky Blinders for the retarded Yank...

• Thread starter Deleted 24582
  • Start date
D

Deleted 24582

So how historically accurate is this show folks?? Meant to post this question earlier but with events in America this got pushed back until today? The Dorris found this on Netflix and it was her turn to pick the next TV show we watch, so here we go?

Without trying to be a complete fuckwit, is a Pikey the same as a gypsy?

Were gangs really used to help combat the Irish War of Independence?

How lucrative was the market to export whisky to America and Canada? During this time frame America was experimenting with prohibition.

So how historically accurate is this show folks?? Meant to post this question earlier but with events in America this got pushed back until today? The Dorris found this on Netflix and it was her turn to pick the next TV show we watch, so here we go?

How lucrative was the market to export whisky to America and Canada? During this time frame America was experimenting with prohibition.

That's all you're getting from me. When programme first came out I thought it was pretty good.

Then he became an MP.

Now its crap.

That's all you're getting from me. When programme first came out I thought it was pretty good.

Then he became an MP.

Now its crap.
Beat me to it. To go back to Jonesy by way of comparison, how accurate do you reckon 'Dragnet' was?

endure

GCM
It's a TV programme loosely based on history. If you want some entertainment it's worth watching. If you want exact history buy a book...

D

Deleted 24582

It's a TV programme loosely based on history. If you want some entertainment it's worth watching. If you want exact history buy a book...
It ain't half bad to watch, but that whole alphabet gets a might confusing here in the 4th world.

From the title I thought Redshift had started another thread, then realized it was missing whinging, trolling, and mooch for proper accuracy.......

Last edited:

It’s about as historically accurate as Boardwalk Empire (some elements of truth but largely fictionalised). Like BE (one of the best series ever) it has beautiful production values and also uses modern music rather than period music. Enjoy it.

A pikey is a gypsy.

Criminal gangs weren’t used in any way to combat the Paddys. Or at least I have never heard or read it.

Selling whisky to the USA was unbelievably lucrative. Ask Al Capone.

Latest Threads