PEAKED CAPS

Discussion in 'ACF' started by adamlcfc, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HEY

IM IN LNR ACF AND I WEAR THE BADGE OF THE 9TH/12 ROYAL LANCERS (PRINCE OF WALES) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE A PEAKED CAP TO WEAR WITH NO.2 DRESS.

THANKS

ADAM

2. No need to shout young 'un! :wink:

If you didn't know, the use of capital letters in posts is seen as "shouting..."

As for the cap, you could ask your AIs if they have any contacts with the Regiment, or you could try one of the surplus/militaria collectors websites, such as Silvermans. You could also try eBay, as all sorts of stuff turns up there.

Try these guys and ask them if they have the pattern you're after...

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1348.html

3. Sorry about the capital letters. I work with a computer system that only reconises capital letters.

I am one of the AI's and all of the places suggested by the other AI's either dont have them or told me they are hard to come by.

4. I too am LNR PM me and I'll point you at the people that can.

5. Thanks for that.

6. Google goodals tailors. They'll probably have one. They've got allsorts of kit. Must be why they are a tailors. Might be a bit pricey though.

7. try london underground I understand they also wear such un ali head gear

8. Will all the other cadets be wearing peak caps, or do you just want to be special?

Uniformity. Either all wear them, or none of you wear them. That goes for No.2 dress too IMO

9. if you look up Johnsons in Leeds on the internet and give them a call they usually have all manner of peak caps and other bits of kit quite cheap. Not sure if they've got a website so try yell or something similar.