Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Peaked caps vs. Berets?

VLTR

Old Salt
I've been tasked with coming up with several pieces of headgear for a mil-sim gaming event, and the organizers want "cosmetic" headgear that wouldn't give anyone an advantage in combat, so helmets and headgear of the like are out of the equation.

Two pieces of military headgear that first sprawled into my mind were berets and peaked caps. However, I have seen a lot of debate circulating around which one would be more practical in both a battleground, and a military ball(a party, a ball is what they call it where I come from).

So, to all you veterans of ARRSE, which one would you prefer to wear? Please include your reasoning, and the positives and negatives of both pieces of headgear.

I've been tasked with coming up with several pieces of headgear for a mil-sim gaming event, and the organizers want "cosmetic" headgear that wouldn't give anyone an advantage in combat, so helmets and headgear of the like are out of the equation.

Two pieces of military headgear that first sprawled into my mind were berets and peaked caps. However, I have seen a lot of debate circulating around which one would be more practical in both a battleground, and a military ball(a party, a ball is what they call it where I come from).

So, to all you veterans of ARRSE, which one would you prefer to wear? Please include your reasoning, and the positives and negatives of both pieces of headgear.
mil-tec_british_tropical_helmet_CORR_1_1.jpg

'Nuff said.

Berets.
More practical, easier to shove in a pocket if headgear needs to be removed, also more useful in makeshift first aid applications, and if shaped correctly look a lot better.

A peaked (Twat) hat is the titfer of choice for the discerning soldier in a combat situation.

Keeps the sun from his eyes and the rain from his noggin, and if he has to escape and evade from the enemy, can pass himself off as a bus conductor.

Winner.
10810343.jpg

A peaked (Twat) hat is the titfer of choice for the discerning soldier in a combat situation.

Keeps the sun from his eyes and the rain from his noggin, and if he has to escape and evade from the enemy, can pass himself off as a bus conductor.

Winner.
View attachment 619976
Good reasoning. Something to take into consideration. Why do you call it a twat hat though?