Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Peaked cap in Cadet Dress in CCF

1548194341997.png

See if you can get one of these - they're very cool....

With respect, if you're called Godwinson, I'd worry more about eye protection than your hat...

[I'll get a pre-emptive 'what do they teach them in history these days?' in here, if I may].

Wear cow pats, not berets in the cow pat colour but real cow pats. Improves your cam & concealment by blending in with your surroundings and the aroma of cow pats will hide the smell of deodorant/BO* etc to enable you to be one with nature. (* As applicable).

Alternatively wear what you are issued with as a cadet and go all fancy dress when you join up and commissioned.

I think the OP is missing a great opportunity. He could wear different headgear to commemorate notable military anniversaries.

For example on the 18th June he could wear the appropriate headgear for Waterloo.
1548233478839.png

While on the 21st October, he could wear Nelson's headgear.

1548233347954.png

His wardrobe at home might get a tad crowded, but he could bask in the satisfaction of knowing he was keeping history alive.

(His ACF unit might have to apply for a grant to raise the height of the doorways to accommodate such splendid headgear, but that's a minor point).

Wordsmith