Peak Stove Storage/Cooking Pot

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by scots_wahey, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me where I can get the rectangular cooking pot for a Coleman peak stove? The stove can be stored inside when not in use. Tried finding one everywhere without success.

Many thanks.

2. Dunno mate, I made a carry case out of roll mat & Black nasty, and the Bosnian tailoress (Which dates this) made a DPM drawstring bag. After 12 years, it's still going strong, and the cooking is all done in my metal mug.

3. SW,

Will have a look at mine tonight. Not sure if storage pot is a Coleman product or not. Check this thread tom.

Big Red

4. Don't use the carry container for cooking in. Any fuel in the stove can leak out un noticed and make you have lots of brown water coming out of your bum. The amount of people that got naptha poisoning in Norway through that mistake was unbelievable.

Use a metal mug to cook in.

5. SW,

Genuine Coleman aluminium box for a Peak 1 stove, fully agree with strima, metal cup for cooking is the way ahead. Only use the tin for storage because I have it, if camping prefer the Coleman "Pocket Rocket." Fits in metal mug and as gas no dodgy fuel leaks to worry about.

Long story short don't think they are made anymore as their was nothing in the user guide about not suing storage tin for cooking!

See link below for what you could have won!

Model: Coleman M-400A
    Fuel: Aluminium box. Click on picture for large version!

http://stovecollector.tripod.com/br_coleman.htm

6. You can get the pot through the system. I will get the NSN and post it. I found it on the SCOC disc.

7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Had one for 14 years and the tins are still serving well, bit dented now though. Stove going strong and a very good Garmisch PX purchase for $45 all in.

If Naptha leaks into the tin it doesn't take long to evaporate or even, heaven forbid, just give the tins a quick rinse first.

8. But won't this remove the residual vitamins from the previous meal?