Peak oil?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Olrence, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ah yes. The dire absolutes over the years of the imminent depletion of global oil stocks debunked yet again.

It seems that catastrophists can't win a trick.

2. There is a lot of oil still left in the north sea and the Celic sea which has not started production as yet, in the 70s you could only take out about 25 to 30% of oil out of a well, today with new and enhanced drilling techneques companies will be able to extract abot 60 to 70%

But it like anything, if you only read a newspaper you can be sold anything....!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Earth has already staked Indias claim, what's the betting that the Chinese will now find evidence that they discovered Australia four thousand years ago and that it's a Chinese province now!

4. With that **** was staked to the ground and shat on by a billion of his country folk......did I mention he's a Dull ****!!

5. A comforting mental image.

6. Peak Oil as a theory of an imminent reality has been going since the mid-50s, they just keep finding more of the stuff. That's longer than I've been waiting hopefully for Peak Bullshit.

7. This huge oil deposit is an oil shale, you have to do a lot of work to get the oil out. Now with lots of work to do and Australians, can anyone else see that dilemma forming.....?

8. Cheeky monkey.

9. You haven't heeded earth's words of genius. We'll get Indian guest workers to do it for us, after we've seized their passports and kicked **** out of them. I bags first go on earth.

10. 2,000,000 Kiwis will be on the next flights over, so work force sorted.

11. Given that we are pumping it and using it faster than it is being made there must come a time when we hit peak though?

Unless of course we move away from using the stuff in favour of something else but when you think of all the millions (billions) of uses it is put too I don't see that changing any time soon.

12. Apparently, Indians discovered the Rockall Basin and Rockall used to be inhabited in ancient times by Indians.

13. Oil is a finite resource - peak or not. That said, there is a huge boom in the U.S. oil production (mostly onshore, shale) currently, set to over take Saudi as the world's largest oil producer in 2017 and be a net energy exporter by 2025. Imagine that!

They are already flaring off huge amounts of natural gas as they don't what the hell to do with it.

There will definitely be a big shift in geo politics...

14. We already have enough barstaff thank you very much.

15. Lol!