Peados to give E-Mail addresses to Bebo ect...

Is it me or does this sound a bit of a stupid idea? I mean the are so many ways around this & considering these sick perverts WILL find a way around it,seems to be ill conceved.
The only way to stop this would be to ban peado's from having a PC in the first place.

BBC News

Views chaps?

Sex offenders' e-mail addresses are to be passed to social networking sites like Facebook and Bebo to prevent them contacting children.

Offenders who do not give police their address - or give a false one - already face up to five years in jail.

Websites would be expected to monitor the e-mail address usage or block them accessing the sites.

Other measures in new government guidelines include a "kitemark" for filtering software.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she wanted children to be "free from fear".

However, BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said ministers admitted that details of the system are still to be worked out, including how would it work with websites based abroad over which the UK has no jurisdiction.

The new government guidance comes after the telecoms regulator Ofcom talked to 5,000 adults and 3,000 children and found 49% of those aged between eight and 17 had a profile on social networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook and Bebo.

It found 41% of the children it questioned had their profile set so anyone, rather than just friends, could view it.

The recent Byron review also found 31% of those aged between nine and 19 who used the net weekly had received sexual comments via e-mail, instant message, chat or text message.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
spike7451 said:
Is it me or does this sound a bit of a stupid idea? I mean the are so many ways around this & considering these sick perverts WILL find a way around it,seems to be ill conceved.
The only way to stop this would be to ban peado's from having a PC in the first place.
Wrong.

Amputation. At the neck. That's the only sure fire way of protecting kids from theses animals.