PDF to Word

Anyone know how to change a PDF file to a Word file or if is there a way to print of a single page from a PDF file without getting the hundred other pages. I have a PDF file of 274 pages and only need to print about 4 of them off but when I try it's all or nothing. All help appreciated.
Thanks.

halomonkey said:
Anyone know how to change a PDF file to a Word file or if is there a way to print of a single page from a PDF file without getting the hundred other pages. I have a PDF file of 274 pages and only need to print about 4 of them off but when I try it's all or nothing. All help appreciated.
Thanks.
Just copy and paste it to word.

To print individual pages is useually pretty straightforward. If you select file and print rather than clicking the print icon it will open a dialog box up and there should be a section where you can specify which pages or just current page for example

Not being snarky here; have you tried the obvious file>print then in the screen that pops up you can select Print Range - Pages from xxx to xxx ?

Bovvy tried that, it doesn't work.
Jinxy it's Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 7.
Meridian thanks will give that a shot. Got to admit was just selecting the print icon.

First of all, if you have a pdf reader (free) then good. I hope you can do this but here goes:

Click on File and then Save As, this will give you option in what format to save in.

I see meridian has given you the print option so follow that.

Jim

1) You badly need to update to Acrobat 9 and disable Javascript (Edit - Preferences -> Javascript)

2) This will convert for free online: http:/www.zamzar.com

3) These guys have written the best program I have found to do the job: http://www.pixelplanet.de

4) To print a range in a pdf file, click on Print... then select Options and put in the range you want to print. It is a function of the printer driver, not the pdf software.

I have this software, so if it is a one off, PM me and I will convert it for you.

msr

bovvy said:
halomonkey said:
Thanks.
Bovvy, that doesn't work. It just makes everything into mumbo jumbo (bit like running reports on JPA before you translate them into Excel). If anyone does have a solution for changing pdf into Word or Excel will they please let me know as well? It would make my life so much easier.

Halomonkey, like the others said, don't click the "Print" Icon, Go to File, Print, then select the pages you want.

That's £25 for on-line assistance :D

(Edit: That's why Snails are slow!)

The_Snail said:
bovvy said:
halomonkey said:
Thanks.
Bovvy, that doesn't work. It just makes everything into mumbo jumbo (bit like running reports on JPA before you translate them into Excel). If anyone does have a solution for changing pdf into Word or Excel will they please let me know as well? It would make my life so much easier.

Halomonkey, like the others said, don't click the "Print" Icon, Go to File, Print, then select the pages you want.

This software will convert ot Word or Excel: http://www.pixelplanet.de

That's £25 for the solution :)

msr said:
The_Snail said:
bovvy said:
halomonkey said:
Thanks.

This software will convert ot Word or Excel: http://www.pixelplanet.de

That's £25 for the solution :)
Ah, but does it work on DII(F) my dear?

Sluggy,

Why do I get the impression that you're going to scan a blank Lotto slip, convert it to PDF, convert it to Word, complete it, then e-mail it to Camelot, together with a jpeg of a tenner?

Meridian that worked a treat. Thanks to all who helped and pennies WILL be sent to Help Them Out. I'm as happy as a pig in muck now or perhaps a monkey up a tree. :lol:

halomonkey said:
Meridian that worked a treat. Thanks to all who helped and pennies WILL be sent to Help Them Out. I'm as happy as a pig in muck now or perhaps a monkey up a tree. :lol:
Now update Acrobat to version 9 ;)

msr said:
halomonkey said:
Now update Acrobat to version 9 ;)
'Kin 'ell no rest for the wicked :wink: Going for a run I'll do it when I get back.

putteesinmyhands said:
Sluggy,

Why do I get the impression that you're going to scan a blank Lotto slip, convert it to PDF, convert it to Word, complete it, then e-mail it to Camelot, together with a jpeg of a tenner?
Putties, that sounds a lot more interesting than the real reason I need to convert stuff, so I'm going to stick with your theory rather than bore you about using the Electronic Battle Box/Army Forms etc. on the intranet because that would make me sound like a right spotter and imply that I actually did some work.

Do you fancy going halvers on the winnings then? :D

The_Snail said:
bovvy said:
halomonkey said:
Thanks.

(Edit: That's why Snails are slow!)
Ooooer! Sluggy/Dale. I've only ever tried it on a Mac. The only problem I have C & Ping from PDF to iWorks Pages is the inability to highlight and scroll the page simultaneously (so have to do a bit at a time). (I have the same problem walking and chewing, incidently.) Otherwise it works a treat. I thought it would be the same with Word? However, it is no problem just deleting the unwanted PDF pages from Preview prior to printing.

Latest Threads