PDF Help Please?

Hi All,
Could anyone help please?

I have a PDF Doc that I want to edit, I have tried to convert it to Word, but when it opens some of the pages are blank and the ones that are there I can’t do anything with. I think they are images not sure there?

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro, but that’s not helping in any way.

If it helps the main file is 168 pages and is 11Mb, but I only want 10 pages from it that I have made into a PDF file that I want to edit.
Any help?
Thank you
MM

have you tried to save it to RTF format works for me all the time, then you can complete through to word :clap:

Hugh

Not PDF, i want to put the PDF in to word so i cant edit it

Rat
No will have a look, but i only know that basics of Adobe.
(the PDF has Flow charts and forms in it)

MuddyMettle said:
Hugh

Not PDF, i want to put the PDF in to word so i cant edit it

Rat
No will have a look, but i only know that basics of Adobe.
(the PDF has Flow charts and forms in it)
Wah?

Sometimes, I just give up...

Just found something,

In Acrobat i was trying something and it says "This page contains only an image of a scanned page"

so i guess i can't edit a image in Word?

Adobe will only convert a page to word if the .pdf was printed on the adobe .pdf printer option. If a document is scanned and included as part of a .pdf you cannot convert it cos it is strictly speaking just a picture. When the .pdf is created through the .pdf printer option it layers the file and allows you to recover or edit text.

The only way around reading something that is scanned as a .pdf is to use some OCR software which is a bit hit and miss and won't pick up any graphics anyway.

There is a piece of software IIRC called page creator but again if the document was scanned originally and not printed on the .pdf printer option its not much use.

Soz I can't be of anymore positive help

Try pressing Help-online support -knowledge base.

A document that consists of scanned images of text is inherently inaccessible because the content of the document is images, not searchable text. Assistive software cannot read or extract the words, users cannot select or edit the text, and you cannot manipulate the PDF for accessibility. You must convert the scanned images of text to searchable text using optical character recognition (OCR) before you can use other accessibility features with the document.
Best get an OCR program installed then. Comes with most scanners.

Only want to do it once? Use the free trial.
http://www.investintech.com/?gclid=CMqh4-eoj5ECFQ1_HgodyynT_Q

or

http://www.pdftransformer.com/trial-version/

or just google for "convert scanned pdf to word"

Results 1 - 10 of about 643,000 for convert scanned pdf to word. (0.27 seconds)

:) Bet you didn't think it was going to be this much phucking trouble when you started . :)