• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

PD 1 - Soldier Promotions

The latest version of the Policy Document on Soldier Promotions is being promulgated through the CoC now. It is also available on-line through the Corps Intranet.

Well worth a read so that you understand the criterion for promotion before you club to death the OC or defect East (what happened to that chap?) etc when the results come out and you haven't made Maj Gen. :thumright:

Does this apply to just the regs or do the TA now have a policy ? If not I guess its back to the traditional methods of voodoo and buying the right people drinks at the bar. Mind you, I don't seem to have worked out who they are yet given my promotion record.

One_of_the_strange said:
Does this apply to just the regs or do the TA now have a policy ? If not I guess its back to the traditional methods of voodoo and buying the right people drinks at the bar. Mind you, I don't seem to have worked out who they are yet given my promotion record.
Regulars - although obviously basic policy will remain the same the specific criterion will vary because of the nature of TA service. You should speak to your PSAO to get the details.

No. It says that to get promoted you have to tell everyone you're downgraded then when someone eventually finds your chit, in actual fact you had tonsillitis when you were in Basic and have hung on to it because you're a fat useless cnut and are too lazy to actually go on a course even slightly more physically arduous than basic numeracy and literacy.

Or am I just being cynical? :|

Davros_the_Dalek said:
No. It says that to get promoted you have to tell everyone you're downgraded then when someone eventually finds your chit, in actual fact you had tonsillitis when you were in Basic and have hung on to it because you're a fat useless cnut and are too lazy to actually go on a course even slightly more physically arduous than basic numeracy and literacy.

Or am I just being cynical? :|
Oooh, hark at her!

Next_to_the_Tank said:
The latest version of the Policy Document on Soldier Promotions is being promulgated through the CoC now. It is also available on-line through the Corps Intranet.

Well worth a read so that you understand the criterion for promotion before you club to death the OC or defect East (what happened to that chap?) etc when the results come out and you haven't made Maj Gen. (read SSgt) :thumright:
Judging by the time/date of the original post, I suspect there are going to be some very disappointed Sgts next month.

Fraser said:
Next_to_the_Tank said:

Well worth a read so that you understand the criterion for promotion before you club to death the OC or defect East (what happened to that chap?) etc when the results come out and you haven't made Maj Gen. (read SSgt) :thumright:
Judging by the time/date of the original post, I suspect there are going to be some very disappointed Sgts next month.
Surely they don't know the results on the day? It takes ages to work out a promotion board, that's why the results are published a month after the date of the board!

Latest Threads