PCSO's = Police walts?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by King-walt, Sep 16, 2010.

Are PCSOs that totally useless

Poll closed Sep 26, 2010.
  1. Yes

52 vote(s)
  2. No

12 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone here else seem to think that the whole concept of PCSOs was the most painful waste of public tax in the last 5 years?

No more than police constable walts with limited powers to do eff all? :joker:

(Some are FIT though have to give them that) :)
  2. Are you gay?
  3. I saw a right pair of mongish-looking PCSOs on the train yesterday. One of them had greasy spiky chav hair and an untucked shirt. Of course, he wasn't wearing a hat, presumably as it would 'ruin me 'airstyle mate'. The other looked like a combination of Lurch and a downs victim.
  4. Less powers than a special! I'd take more notice of a traffic warden than a PCSO! Power crazed cunts!!!!
  5. I voted NO. They are not totally useless, but not as useful as they could be.

In my town all that the Met employ are collectively inneffective from the borough commander downwards. Thatis not because they are neccessarily deficient individuals, but collectively, the organisation fails to prevent or detect crime. I have met many individual PCs and PCSOs who are excellent. I've met many more who are simply O2 thieves, bullies or both.
  6. Ok, so maybe I should have delagated a "mostly useless" option to the poll, its a good thing this pool and thread is about PCSOs as a whole and not the specific force, I'd much rather see the number of PCSO's being converted into a way into regular PCs and thus with the same powers and Personal Protection Equipment to match, why do you think no one takes them seriously, because their powers are too limited and thus you have nothing to fear about an immediate arrest
  7. Has anyone noticed that all the male PCSOs seem to be fat barstewards?
  8. I voted yes,I've never seen my PCSO in the flesh,I've seen a full size cut-out outside our local community hall,but that's it.

The last time I saw a PCSO,was about 18 months ago,a pair ofr females walking around our local Designer Outlet together,window shopping. ;-)
  9. They are currently being trained in my force to take simple statements and complete crime reports. Gradually creeping powers equals policing on the cheap. Western will really have something to moan about then!

I fail to see how they can remotely justify retaining them in the present economic climate.
  10. Because theyre cheap.....thats all.....cheap
  11. How hard can it be to carry a gun, "just squeeze the trigger"

"We should at least be allowed to carry knives"

"He must be new and doesn't know the code yet"

Here we have a fine specimen of one

"The biggest rush I get it when my radio goes off, my hands goes sweaty, it could be ANYTHING!!!" :boogie:

Attached Files:

12. Can a person be a PCSO as well as being in the TA?
  13. My experience of PCSOs in Thames Valley has been entirely positive: but you have to remember that they were never intended to be proper coppers - they are a first point of contact for gathering information and actionable intelligence from Joe Public. Having kept my local PCSO well briefed on the activities of my local chav scum a couple of years ago, the community policing team were able to come in and deal with the problem rapidly and efficiently.

Costs (and bureaucracy, not to mention the LieBore party's unthinking creation of thousands of pointless additional 'offences') have killed off any prospect of you ever having a Dixon of Dock Green lookalike, with full police powers and a salary to match, ambling around your neighbourhood 24 hours a day.

Personally, I'd rather have a decent PCSO round my way, than no police presence at all - it only falls down if they are not properly backed up by competent coppers.