• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

PCSO directing traffic. Since when?

Saw a PCSO directing traffic the other day. I thought only a Police Constable in Uniform could direct traffic.

How many other bods now have this authority?

They have been able to (if designated) since PCSOs came in in 2002 or whenever.

Most PCSOs invovled in traffic work are ex traffic wardens. Once they are dual designated as wardens and PCSO's the HO pays for them as extra establishment. Whole units have gone this way in London. They will have "Traffic" on their uniforms, often a yellow flash on their shoulders like the old skool TW's did.

Trotsky

Trotsky said:
They have been able to (if designated) since PCSOs came in in 2002 or whenever.

Most PCSOs invovled in traffic work are ex traffic wardens. Once they are dual designated as wardens and PCSO's the HO pays for them as extra establishment. Whole units have gone this way in London. They will have "Traffic" on their uniforms, often a yellow flash on their shoulders like the old skool TW's did.

Trotsky
Yeah,I saw that on some cop show like "Road (chav) Wars".The copper was dealing with an incident while a PCSO was directing the traffic & he/she had those shoulder flashes on.
And there I was thinking they doubled as a 'sleeping policeman'! :oops:

Latest Threads