Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCS Thermal Jacket “Softie”

Looking at getting one of these and wondering how they are sized? I’m a big lad so I usually wear a XL jacket but are they sized larger than usual or if you usually wear an XL do you need an XL one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at getting one of these and wondering how they are sized? I’m a big lad so I usually wear a XL jacket but are they sized larger than usual or if you usually wear an XL do you need an XL one of these?

Dave, just out of interest, why on earth do you want one?

Get the next size or two up, mines an XXL and Im usually a Large or XL in most things.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
They are indeed very warm for winter walks or for standing about. I value mine. They can be bought for £20 at Cheddar boot sale, the person that sells them there always has a stock.

Im an XL in jackets due to wide shoulders.

I had an XL and it fitted as normal on the body but the sleeves were very tight, even with just a T shirt on underneath.

Very warm jacket though and a lot better than the earlier issue reversible softee jackets.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Im an XL in jackets due to wide shoulders.

I had an XL and it fitted as normal on the body but the sleeves were very tight, even with just a T shirt on underneath.

Very warm jacket though and a lot better than the earlier issue reversible softee jackets.

Its the zips under the arm pits that dug in on normal sizes so I had to get Geoff Capes' size.

I think they’re bloody ace, I’ve retired my Helly Hansen fleece after 30 years for it

Recommended by a few mates. Are they not very good?

Put it this way Dave, mine is still in its original wrapping in my attic. I've only ever met two people who actually liked them. I've got the issue Buffalo too and have never worn it either. I've still got my Snugpak Softie, which is now well worn but is still working just fine.

Put it this way Dave, mine is still in its original wrapping in my attic. I've only ever met two people who actually liked them. I've got the issue Buffalo too and have never worn it either. I've still got my Snugpak Softie, which is now well worn but is still working just fine.

Ahhhh ok so I am better off looking at the Snugpak one then! Thanks for the info.

I think this is a mega bit of kit

morsk

LE
F_k issue. Get one of these

Black, obviously

Just out of interest, does anyone recall in the 1970's you couldn't really find really warm coats in regular shops? When I was at school, everyone was wearing knockoffs of the USAF green/orange parka with the revolting fur trim on the hood. The first really warm jacket I got was an IDF "Dubon" that I bought there on a visit.

F_k issue. Get one of these

Black, obviously

Why? Pusser provides....

Latest Threads