PCS Blanking Plate Union Flags. Are they at the wrong angle?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by BuggerAll, Jan 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've seen instructions that Union Flags should be removed from the blanking plate and repositioned in line with the cross stitching. I just wondered if anyone knows why this is and why the blanking patches are still being issued with incorrectly positioned union flags.
  2. The same thing happened with 95 shirts back in the day. Had to get a bunch of the flags on that kit re-stitched too. Obviously whoever supplies the clothes to HM Armed forces is a moron (I believe it is Cotton and Stone at present). They'll probably blame the MoD person who told them to stitch them on at a stupid angle. I've just glued the feckers on with superglue. Shows a bit round and through the TRF's but then I don't care. If the Badge asks I'll just say they are "Subdued" TRF's
  3. Whoever told you to do this loves bullshit. They need to get a life...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Nobody has told me to do it as such but its in Para 12 of Annex L of Chap 4 of RAMC Dress Regs which I assume reflect Army Dress Regs.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mine are at the same angle as the stitching line. How strange i was issued mine last year...
  6. Mine are staying where the ******* well are.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Aaaaaahhhh...you assume that but those regs probably don't reflect anything. They'll just be some strokers in your Directorate who love the bullshit and have the power to spread their lunatic musings far and wide.

Remember, it was a RAMC RSM who took time and care writing some 'how to iron PCS in a manner that makes you look a complete crease loving chod' paper that made it onto the PCS fiedling plan page...
  8. Is it me or are the issues with PCS getting a bit tedious now?
  9. They've been pretty tedious since about a year before PCS was actually issued
  10. Nah, tedious are 'new' threads on:

Best Boots for Tabbing
    Best Daysack
    When do we get paid this month

Besides, wait until the new issue Boot/Olive boot finally gets issued from Unit QM's then you'll be sick to back teeth of those threads ;-)
  11. I don't know why they just don't have velcro-backed subdued UJs for wear on an as-and-when basis. Stitching is for homos! I bet the cnut who dreamt this pearler up isn't collecting his P45 anytime soon?