PCCBC notes misplaced

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Mr.Hungry, Jul 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning,

If you have been to PCCBC recently then please could you help me out by answering the following questions:

1. How do we log on to do the MK work and which modules do we need to complete?

2. Were there any useful tips (e.g. additional items to kit list like seal skin socks) that was not recorded in the documents/leaflets that we were given?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Thinking about the kind of responses you're going to get to this, the term President Obama likes to use is "shellaking". :)
  3. You need to log onto the Sandhurst Virtual Learning Environment, I'll PM you the details of how to log on. As far as I know you need to complete all of the modules that make up MK(RMAS) by the friday before the CC starts (Friday September 7th).

We were given a talk on the kit list. In short it's pretty much got everything you need covered. Oddly, one thing most people seemed to stress was the need to get some good quality underwear for PT and exercise! Get yourself some long legged synthetic underwear like this:

The long legs wont ride up and help to limit chafing and the synthetic fibers will dry a lot quicker than cotton.
  4. Thanks for the info AnnexD. Best of luck.
  5. I managed the whole years worth of exercise in cotton boxers (not the same pair I might add) and cotton pants for PT. Some people love the underarmour, personally I prefer a breeze around my balls :D.

PS. Are they making you do a Mil Knowledge course before you rock up these days? On that bastion of Sandhurst learning, the VLE. They kept telling us how by the end of the course we'd be using the VLE every day, I think I logged on once when they gave us the password and never used it again. Maybe they have made it work at last..........
  6. They've created a course specifically for Officer Cadets to complete before starting the course. It's called Military Knowledge (Royal Military Academy Sandhurst). I've not looked through all of it but it seems fairly straightforward. It includes modules on the basic structure of the Army and then the roles of the various Arms and Services. There's then a second part that deals with Battlegroup capabilities.

Each part of the course has a corresponding online assessment that must be completed.

7. Cool. It's probably a good idea, because you can get a bit of that basic knowledge done whilst awake and in possession of your mental faculties as opposed to getting the lecture in weeks 1-5 in the giant sleeping bag which is also known as woolwich hall.
  8. Oh my word, really?